GetDotted Domains

At GetDotted, a 1 year .co.uk, .uk, .me.uk or .org.uk registration is now just £1.95 ex VAT.

Search Domains Now

Viewing Thread:
"Animal Crossing 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Sun 13/06/04 at 09:10
Regular
": ("
Posts: 5,614
[URL]http://cube.ign.com/objects/497/497069.html?ui=gamefinder[/URL]

When is it coming out?

The first one hasn't come out yet, whats going on!?
Mon 14/06/04 at 18:24
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Posts: 7,741
Oh and Chatterbox, shut the feck up.
Mon 14/06/04 at 18:03
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Posts: 7,741
I don't know what versions you've been playing either. Animal Crossing on the Cube has alot more in it than Animal Forest on the N64.

Which of those have you played again?
Mon 14/06/04 at 16:43
Regular
"Underbean"
Posts: 468
hi amy, are u online how old are u, wot skool u go 2, where do u live i meen like in essex chelmsford or sum where lol
Mon 14/06/04 at 16:41
Regular
Posts: 18,185
I don't know what form of Animal Crossing you've been playing but the characters are the same, the layout is the same and the game is genuinly the same bar the e-reader inclusion and the GBA connectivity.

The DS version is not that.
Mon 14/06/04 at 15:39
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Posts: 7,741
Dringo wrote:
> The reason why the Gamecube version is a port is because it is the
> same game as the N64 version, bar a few tweaks.

The Cube game has the sort of things you list below.. which you claim make the games "different".

> the games are different... they have different things
> in them... different occurences.... different characters... different
> level designs. And in fact with the connectivity it is even a pretty
> different experience.

Your contradicting yourself. You say the Cube game is a port because it the same as the N64 version, but with a few tweaks.

You then say the DS version is a different game, because it has the things you list as different. That's exactly the things the Cube version had changed.

The DS version is a portable version of the N64 build, but with the inventory (and, when applicable, keyboard) put on the bottom screen. Oh, and different level designs? You get a randomly created town every game. Of course it's a different level design. You've played the game right? And connectivity.. what connectivity in the DS version?
Mon 14/06/04 at 10:04
Regular
Posts: 18,185
The reason why the Gamecube version is a port is because it is the same game as the N64 version, bar a few tweaks.
Mon 14/06/04 at 10:04
Regular
Posts: 18,185
No it's not... the games are different... they have different things in them... different occurences.... different characters... different level designs. And in fact with the connectivity it is even a pretty different experience.
Sun 13/06/04 at 14:50
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Posts: 7,741
It's not a sequel, it's a version for another console.
Sun 13/06/04 at 11:48
Regular
Posts: 18,185
The sequel is due for the DS next year.
Sun 13/06/04 at 09:16
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Posts: 7,403
The first Animal Crossing came out ages ago, in the US and Japan at least. Must have been nearing 2 years ago. And if you read the article you'd see that the sequel may well get a shift to Nintendo's next console, so its fairly far off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.