GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ps2 games i bought in Malaysia"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/06/04 at 14:10
Regular
"LOST FAN"
i recently bought some ps2 games whilst on hols in Malaysia. They were very cheap and when i got back to england i tried them on my ps2 but it came up with "insert format cd" or words to that effect. firstly i have no idea what region they are and secondly and more importantly, how/where can i get this format cd from, and if i am unable to what would i need to do to enable me to play these games and how would i do it? If you could post your message on the message page or email me : [email protected] i would be so grateful, thanks. please help me - An inexperienced ps2 fan.
Sat 26/06/04 at 15:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Depending on the games then i'd be more than grateful to take them of your hands :-D
Tue 22/06/04 at 14:52
Regular
"LOST FAN"
beanz wrote:
> are they official or pirate copies?
> and if they are official they are probably NTSC-J (Japan

IV GOT A FEELING NOW THAT I MAY HAVE BOUGHT PIRATE COPIES AFTER WHAT YOU HAVE ALL SAID, SO ILL JUST HAVE TO BIN THEM, I JUST WONDERED IF THERE WAS AN EASY WAY TO GET THIS FORMAT DISC TO ENABLE THEM TO PLAY BUT THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR HELP ANYWAY
Wed 16/06/04 at 12:56
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Knowing Malaysia it's more than likely they are pirate copies so unless you have a modded PS2 you won't be able to play them.
Mon 14/06/04 at 19:15
Regular
"accidental superher"
are they official or pirate copies?
and if they are official they are probably NTSC-J (Japan
Mon 14/06/04 at 15:58
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Did it say "Insert Playstation 2 format disc"? If it was the red background, it does mean you've got the wrong region (as I expect you would).

There is no simple way you'll be able to get those games to play. The easiest involves changing the case on your PS2 - see www.ps2fliptop.com
Mon 14/06/04 at 14:10
Regular
"LOST FAN"
i recently bought some ps2 games whilst on hols in Malaysia. They were very cheap and when i got back to england i tried them on my ps2 but it came up with "insert format cd" or words to that effect. firstly i have no idea what region they are and secondly and more importantly, how/where can i get this format cd from, and if i am unable to what would i need to do to enable me to play these games and how would i do it? If you could post your message on the message page or email me : [email protected] i would be so grateful, thanks. please help me - An inexperienced ps2 fan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.