GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"hover button - front page"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/07/01 at 15:15
Regular
I have constructed my web page with some hover buttons, using front page 2000, and successfully loaded my page. But when visiting my site the hover buttons are just grey boxes. What have I done wrong, or does Freeola not allow this ?
Thu 12/07/01 at 23:15
Regular
"How Handy."
Turbonutter,

haven't really got my own site yet (haven't got round to building a decent one) but the last website I created was www.L2Productions.co.uk

I'm working with the Managing Director to keep making the site better. It is still in the process of construction but is pretty much up and running. Just needs improving

Thanx

Andi
Thu 12/07/01 at 23:12
Regular
"How Handy."
Zedsdead,

thankx for that great bit of info, but as you may have guessed I haven't got the original instructions. The software was given to me by a freind who found it in his back bedroom and thought that I could use it. I would, therefore be grateful for any instructions or websites you could give me.

Thanx

Andi
Thu 12/07/01 at 21:07
Thanks for all the suggestions but the hover button did not include images, so I am still hovering !
Mon 09/07/01 at 14:52
Andi Thompson! wrote:

> work out how to use it (Anyone know where I can get instructions on
> the net by the way?) it does me and my customers fine.

Andi

Dreamweaver comes with its own set of instructions/manual/has a step by step walkthru on how to build a site, plus it has an excellent interface which makes it much easier to use than front page.

As to Brendas problem I think GWD may be right did the same thing myself built a page with hover buttons and forgot to upload the images.
Sat 07/07/01 at 23:19
Regular
Just to get back to Brenda's question here....

Front Page Hover Buttons work without having FPE available so the problem must be something other than this.

Are you using an image with the Hover button ? If you are, are you sure that you have uploaded this to you site ?
Sat 07/07/01 at 18:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Oh, sorry. It's just really crap at HTML, that's all. It's bit stupid for a webdesign program.

What's your URL Andi?
Sat 07/07/01 at 18:15
Regular
"How Handy."
hey turbonutter, don't be too easy slagging off Frontpage, it is a great program if you know how to use it. Yeah, maybe it ain't the most advanced programme, but until I get a copy of Dreamweaver and work out how to use it (Anyone know where I can get instructions on the net by the way?) it does me and my customers fine.

Andi
Sat 07/07/01 at 18:05
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Did I mention it's free too?
Sat 07/07/01 at 18:03
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well Dreamweaver ideally but ANYTHING's better than Front Page. Go to http://www.evrsoft.com . They do a HTML editor which is not only the best but teaches you HTML too.
Sat 07/07/01 at 17:55
What do you suggest, rather than Front Page 2000 ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.