GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo DS thread"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/06/04 at 22:03
Regular
After all these pointless topics made by wldnas and his fellow idiots, I decided to make this topic.

Discuss everything you want here. Posts news about the DS and mention the games you want to play on the two-screened wonder.
Sat 19/06/04 at 12:12
Regular
"thursdayton!"
leflus wrote:
> I hope that it is called Nintendo DS. But it will maybe be named
> something with the name gameboy in it. It sells almost as good as the
> playstation.

There's no chance of it being called "Game Boy" since the GBA2 is already in development. It's a completely separate product.

If they have any sense it'll stay the DS. It's short and snappy and people have got used to it.
Fri 18/06/04 at 23:06
Regular
kr¥ko$_NiNt¥_1™ wrote:

> there's no chance that Rare would do that 4 Nintendo, Microsoft
> wouldn't allow it. It would b gd if it happened but i seriously doubt
> it.

I know, but I am still hoping for PD. I listed the games I wanted for the DS.
Fri 18/06/04 at 23:02
Regular
I hope that it is called Nintendo DS. But it will maybe be named something with the name gameboy in it. It sells almost as good as the playstation.

Another game could be a fighting game were you actually can draw your fighter and design your tricks with the stylus.
Fri 18/06/04 at 22:47
Regular
"R-Kade 4 Life"
> Games I want for the DS:
>
> Perfect Dark
> I know that it has been discussed over a long time on these and other
> forums. But i really want this game. The DS is more powerful than the
> N64, so it would probably have less slowdown. A laptop gun would be
> awesome with the touch screen. And it could MAYBE have wireless 16
> player. That would be handheld heaven!

there's no chance that Rare would do that 4 Nintendo, Microsoft wouldn't allow it. It would b gd if it happened but i seriously doubt it.

I bet u u will c more point and click games 4 the ds, like broken sword. And also there'll be loads more crap games from THQ like who wants to be a millionaire, which is a really bad thing. It would b nice if the DS printed out a real £1million check tho, id buy the game then.

Here's a interesting thought. The Ds might not even b the console's real name. If it isn't called that, what do u fink it should b called?
Tue 15/06/04 at 17:06
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
I'd like to see a good snooker/pool game.
There's an free online PC game called isnooker, it's really addictive playing against others from around the world. It's fun trash talking people aswell: Perhaps the microphone could come into play here.
The touch screen for a top-down view for aiming and the top screen for a 3D view and replays.

I agree Dringo, they haven't explained it too well and people who don't much about computers will have absolutely no idea what wi-fi is.

Can't wait for online mario kart - I don't think I'll be getting much sleep that week..no..month..no..year!
Tue 15/06/04 at 00:09
Regular
The DS's online system needs to be described in a more simplistic term from Nintendo.

If there was ever a need for a Spaceworld then this is it.
Mon 14/06/04 at 22:23
Regular
Games I want for the DS:

Perfect Dark
I know that it has been discussed over a long time on these and other forums. But i really want this game. The DS is more powerful than the N64, so it would probably have less slowdown. A laptop gun would be awesome with the touch screen. And it could MAYBE have wireless 16 player. That would be handheld heaven!

A RTS game
With the touch screen and the two screens, Nintendo could really make a great RTS for the DS. It could have one screen focused on the main gameplay and the other(the touch-screen) on what buildings/units you want to build. And if there were wireless 16 player, it would rule the earth.

A hack & slash game
With the new graphical power of the DS, Nintendo or other companies could make an incarnation of Diablo/Baldurs Gate: DA. With the touch screen you could navigate your character through the different dungeons. You could also use the touch screen for selecting items and potions after assigning the main gameplay to the upper screen.
Mon 14/06/04 at 22:04
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Firstly, they'll just post here anyway.

Secondly, there's the World's longest thread for this anyway.

And thirdly, don't take this the wrong way. :)
Mon 14/06/04 at 22:03
Regular
After all these pointless topics made by wldnas and his fellow idiots, I decided to make this topic.

Discuss everything you want here. Posts news about the DS and mention the games you want to play on the two-screened wonder.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.