GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splutter, splutter, cough, cough!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/07/01 at 07:42
Regular
The N64 is slowly spluttering it's last few games this year before it turns over with all four legs in the air. But hasn't this year had some of the best games for the N64 this year, and one of the most successful titles or series should I say would have to be Zelda.

These have been on every console and have all been great, and now have some of the best 3D graphics and environments for the N64, and over SOME other consoles!

Here I am going to explain Zelda through the ages and at the end you can challenge me to questions about Zelda that I might not have put down!

ZELDA GAMES:
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Fruit of the Mysterious Tree Trilogy
Mystical Seed of Power
Mystical Seed of Courage
Mystical Seed of Wisdom
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of the Ages.
The Legend of Zelda: Advance (future)
The Legend of Zelda: GameCube (future)
Link: The Faces of Evil
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
Zelda's Adventure
If you do not recognise or understand the last 3 games I am explaining them further down the page.

CHARACTERS:
There have been 3 Links and 4 Zelda's. And all of the Links have been Left-Handed. There has only ever been 1 Ganon.
And Ganon only ever became a pig because in the 3rd Zelda comic Ganon tries to tick Link into giving him the Triforce of power and if you have a vast amount of power you need a vast amount of wisdom to control it as well, and link had the Triforce of wisdom except in A Link to The Past!! And in the dark world you take the shape of an animal of whatever is deep down in your heart.
So in OoT Ganon became a pig anyway because of his greed!!

However, OoT threw a snag in. Ganon has the Triforce of Power, but he does not turn into a pig man for seven whole years, until he is wounded as Ganondorf. So, there are a few possibilities:

-Since Ganon was the first known person to hold the Triforce of Power (or any Triforce for that manner) his evilness may have "rubbed" off onto the Triforce.

-Ganon only lives in his Ganon form when he is in battle with Link.

-Ganon only permanently turned to Ganon after he tried to leave the Dark World, because he had no Triforce of Courage to protect him, like Link.

INFO:
Link has been aged 10 in OoT then grows up to 17 yrs of age; he was 16 yrs old in the Adventure of Link, and about 14 yrs old in the Legend of Zelda!!

Link has also come from a majority of places including Calatia and Hyrule. The Land of Calatia is west from Hyrule over Death Mountain, and it is where the 3rd Link lived, and his parents were called Arn and Medila, known famously for a drink that they could make. Calatia is a mountainous country, which is ruled by Queen Seline, a friend of King Harkinian.

WERE ANY OF THE LINKS/ZELDAS RELATED:
The first Zelda is believed to have been put under a sleeping spell and was not awaken until AoL. So Link no1 couldn't have married her, or he did but Zelda was put to sleep after. The third Link was born in Calatia, not Hyrule. Why this is, it is unknown (Maybe Link II sailed there after his dream?). It is also unknown why the second Link did not marry Zelda, but it is known that Link II might have been in love with Marin and not Zelda, but Marin disappeared with Koholint. The third Link and Zelda never totally defeated Ganon without being separated. Maybe they got married. However, maybe the Prince of Darkness chanted a spell on the family of Heroes, saying, "The one who strikes me down will never marry the one he loves".

MEDIAS:
Zelda has appeared in many different forms of media apart from the Nintendo games:

He has appeared in comic books made by Valiant Comics produced five monthly comic books of Zelda Comics in Spring/Summer/Fall 1990. Each book had two long stories, of ten pages each, and three pages of two or one page short stories. Another Valiant comic book, The Nintendo Comic System, had a ten-page Zelda story in each. An unknown number of these were made but I think it was about 2/3 were made. Unlike the regular Zelda comic, however, The Nintendo Comic System was a bimonthly comic. They are not available anywhere as far as I know.
Also a cartoon, which Link, starred in!! DiC Enterprises produced thirteen episodes of a Zelda cartoon show, which aired on Fridays in the 1989 - 1990 season.
Around 1991-1992, Nintendo published 12 so-called "Adventure Books" very alike to the old Choose your own Adventure Books. Two of these were Zelda books: #9 ("The Crystal Trap") and #10 ("The Shadow Prince"), while the rest were about Mario and Luigi.
Link also appeared in 4 episodes of Captain N: The game master cartoon.
Nintendo Power ran a Zelda comic serial very loosely based on The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, in Volumes 32-44. A good read for any age if they were over 5 or so, they provide additional back-story to the game, as well as depth to its characters, while taking a slightly different path to the story's conclusion. It is now sold in graphic novel format in the magazine's Back Issue/Player's Guide order form thingy.
Jason R. Rich has written a book based on Ocarina of Time. It is still widely available in bookstores. It basically follows the main storyline of OoT at a playskool reading level.

LINK: THE FACES OF EVIL, ZELDA: THE WAND OF GAMELON, ZELDA'S ADVENTURE:
Phillips CD Interactive, CD ROM based system failed quite early on after release and had 3 Zelda games for it called:
Link: The Faces of Evil
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
Zelda's Adventure
And I don't think Nintendo plans to release them onto a console!!

Also something very weird happened in the games and along the way a lot of people became confused about what race was who and how it lived.

So…

Ever since Aghanihm gained the King's trust he spent long nights in the high tower of Hyrule Castle. Those at the castle, the townspeople could see strange lights, even faint sounds coming from the tower. The maidens started to disappear, so, the disturbances must have been Aghanihm casting the maidens into the Dark World. But, the ceremony was once a full moon according to the LttP comic book and after he finally captured a maiden. So the other nights, Aghanihm must have been working on something else, like how to control the guards.

Instructed by Ganon, Aghanihm must have been experimenting the effects for a first Evil Jar on each of guards. It was yet to be perfected, but it still worked.

This is how this Evil Jar could have worked:

First they need to become subject to it. I am not certain how it's done, but in the Missing Link cartoon, they held Link's body in the Evil Jar. Maybe long term exposure to the inside turns you into an energy-based creature whose life energy is dependent on the Triforce of Power.

When you become subject as an energy-based creature, you're practically immortal. You have a limited amount of energy. If you run out of energy you have to return to the Evil Jar to recharge and the Triforce of Power will replenish your energy. To destroy someone like that, you'll have to blast him or her with something so powerful that they reach the point of no return.

It starts in OoT, where we met the races. In LttP, nearly 200 years passed. Sheikahs are extinct, merged with Hylians; Zora's are becoming hostile and have no compassion for Hylians; the Kokiri are now aging and are in the forest, living as thieves (remember the guy in LttP's Lost Woods?); the Gerudo's are dead; Gorons are dead, too.

Then, in LoZ, Ganon and his minions ransacked Hyrule and its surrounding populaces; he finished off the young and able. He enslaved them to the Evil Jar. So, who's who, what did the Evil Jar do? Well, no Sheikahs. Hyrulian Guards and Knights were turned to Armos and then turned to stone because Ganon couldn't trust their full loyalty, Stalfos and Ghini are Hylians, Zolas are Zora's, and Moblins and Goriyah are Kokiri. Gerudo's are resurrected as Gibdo, and one would tend to believe the Gorons are throwing those rocks at you in LoZ, living as the very mountains themselves.

Confusing and a good history and storyline init!!

Well at the moment this is the best info I have and I probably can think up more but I am bored of writing and thinking now!! I have been writing this for hours now and I started yesterday!!

:-)

ZP
Sun 08/07/01 at 13:53
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
K
Sun 08/07/01 at 13:51
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
zeldapro wrote:
> I have been hooked to the end on all of them!!

So was I but ALTTP was the best of them all.
Sun 08/07/01 at 13:31
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I have been hooked to the end on all of them!!
Sun 08/07/01 at 13:08
Regular
Time_Warp wrote:
> yes it was.

Good to see that someone agrees with me. Although OoT had much better graphics. ALTTP still had the better playability and kept me hooked to the end. Also it had a harder boss....Ganondorf, hardly hurt me at all.
Sun 08/07/01 at 13:00
yes it was.
Sun 08/07/01 at 12:39
Regular
Zelda: Al Link to the Past was the best Zelda game. Then it was OoT.
Sun 08/07/01 at 11:44
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
They updated on a Saturday!!
Sun 08/07/01 at 10:33
Hey, ZP did ya read my Super Mario Advance review? It didn't win neither did your Zelda post...shoulda won, great post...some people don't respect true fandom...
Sun 08/07/01 at 10:22
It was soo hysterical My hands kan barely touch the keyboard.
Sun 08/07/01 at 09:37
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
fine JAMIE! lets call it quits. And U CHRIS. letsend this little joke.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.