GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who here has pre ordered GTA:SA already?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Tue 15/06/04 at 20:45
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
If you have sign now!

*signs*
Fri 25/06/04 at 17:22
Regular
"The Chorleon's"
how
Fri 25/06/04 at 13:38
Regular
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> Spiderman 2's

SPIDER-MAN! NOT SPIDERMAN!!!
Thu 24/06/04 at 18:15
Regular
"Cosmic..."
Many people have probably already said this but i can't be arsed to read the whole post, but... Why?

Think about it; after 6 monthes after Vice City had been released the shops were still permanantly in full stock. Thinking about it they probably still are right now.

Why not just wait like a week until you step into game? They'll have an immence stock out back.
Wed 23/06/04 at 21:11
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
For most PS2 owners, San Andreas is the most important title in a long time. However I hate to say this, as I've already pre-ordered the game, but I'm starting to think it'll be a bit of a dissapointment, it just seems too ambitious to me. And this is coming from someone who's been a fan of GTA from the begining. Of course I could be wrong, hopefully.
Wed 23/06/04 at 07:49
Regular
It must be doing something right if it has me anticipating it as much as Halo 2 - sometimes more...
Wed 23/06/04 at 07:43
Regular
": ("
"The most important game in videogame history?"

No.

Good game but definately not. Whats so important about it, no games are 'Important'.
Tue 22/06/04 at 10:28
Regular
"Not a Jew"
You could have just provided us with a link..
Mon 21/06/04 at 21:56
Regular
"Arghh Me Heel"
"The most important game in videogame history? Quite possibly. The most anticipated game on the horizon for the ageing PlayStation 2? Most definitely. Whether you enjoy cruising down the Vice City highways on your Harley with your shotgun cocked or are appalled at the quite cartoonish level of ultra-violence on show, there's no denying that Grand Theft Auto is one of the most high-profile series ever to be committed to disc. Rockstar must have skin as thick as elephants, because despite the rampage of Daily Mail-reading crusties and race-card waving Haitians, they're not backing down - they're making GTA bigger, better and more importantly, badder.

Despite not even being physically on show at last month's E3, a few simple screenshots of latest incarnation Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that surfaced on the web were enough to deflect attention from all but the shiniest games on show at the LA Convention Centre. Set in the early 90's as predicted (with an extremely welcome gangster rapper theme and accompanying soundtrack), San Andreas is allegedly three times larger than Vice City, and adds plenty of new elements into the mix without ruining an almost perfect balance.

straight from SR's mouth. Police on bikes sounds promising, looking forward to this.

New additions this time around include motorcycle-riding cops a la CHiPS (who can apparently latch themselves onto your information about car" car as you attempt your escape) and more focus on the physical appearance of your character. Depending on your dress sense, hairstyles and bodyweight, non-playable characters will react differently to you (although one suspects that brandishing a chainsaw will guarantee a certain kind of response across the board).

You won't just be roaming the sidewalk in San Andreas; Rockstar have promised a much wider array of locations in which to wreak havoc, including farms, deserts, forests and even a mountain range. This should give you some idea of just what scale these guys are working to.

Rockstar are working like busy little beavers trying to squeeze every last ounce of processing power out of the PS2, and claim to have increased the draw distance by a factor of six, which, considering Vice City's already impressive lack of pop-up scenery, should be piece of mind for those worried San Andreas' increased land mass may come at the expense of graphical perfection. Not so - in fact, despite its size, the game will still ship on a singular, albeit dual-layered DVD. Sweet.

We're going to stick our necks out here and predict GTA: San Andreas will be something of a hit come mid October, and with every new nugget of information that's uncovered, we gradually grow more and more excited. If San Andreas represents as much of a leap from Vice City as Vice City did from Grand Theft Auto 3, then it may well live up to our opening poser. Don't be a muppet and miss it, do the right thing and part with your cash"

Straight from SR
Mon 21/06/04 at 21:31
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Just pre ordered it on Amazon
Thu 17/06/04 at 16:48
Regular
"2 WHEELS ONLY"
Haven't pre-ordered either Driv3r or GTA:SA, BUT that doesn't mean I won't get them. There is a small time shop near to me that sells the games a couple of days before release dates anyway, so I'm laughing

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.