GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ground Control II"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ground Control 2'.
Wed 16/06/04 at 11:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Downloaded the demo.

Pretty good fun.

Might get.
Wed 16/06/04 at 11:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Downloaded the demo.

Pretty good fun.

Might get.
Wed 16/06/04 at 11:59
Regular
Yeah, me and a mate were playing online with each other the other day. Was good fun but we got slaughtered.
Wed 16/06/04 at 12:22
Regular
Oh, and its got 8.8 on IGN today.
Fri 18/06/04 at 11:24
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Whoo hoo, the original Ground Control was a revolutionary, and extremely entertaining RTS; I'm expecting the same if not better with the sequel. Not downloading the demo though, I want to savour it until it's officially released.
Fri 18/06/04 at 11:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Completed the single player demo.

It was alright, just a little.....flat. It was a pretty un-advanced mission, which doesn't help, but I'll be watching for price drop.
Sun 18/07/04 at 16:54
Regular
"Unretired"
I love the camera in GC2, and the graphics are pretty sweet too.
I'll probably end up buying it sometime in the future.
Mon 19/07/04 at 13:13
Regular
I got a free demo of the game from gamestation and completed it. A totaly new and revolutionary 2D strategy game.
Mon 19/07/04 at 14:15
Regular
"A man with a stick"
BioRex101 wrote:
> I got a free demo of the game from gamestation and completed it. A
> totaly new and revolutionary 2D strategy game...

...That's in 3D.

I eventually played the demo myself and while graphically it looked amazing, I was disappointed. They seemed to have tacked on some slight resource management which was not necessary. The original was great because you had no resources, you where given a certain amount of units with little to no reinforcements and with them you had to defeat an enemy twice as big and powerful as your forces.

In the demo for GC 2 I could build an almost limitless supply of troops that could be thrown at the enemy until I completely overwhelmed them, with all sense of tactics gone and replaced with formulaic tank rushing. Not a bad effort, but I was expecting more from a game whose predecessor brought forth the resource free, tactical strategy game.

Think I'll buy Heroes: Soldiers of World War 2 instead, that seems to provide the type of game GC 2 should have delivered.
Mon 19/07/04 at 14:24
Regular
cipro wrote:
> Think I'll buy Heroes: Soldiers of World War 2 instead, that seems to
> provide the type of game GC 2 should have delivered.

I have both and they're both really good fun in co-op. ALthough Soldiers is a very fussy game and runs slowly on even the best of PC's.
Mon 19/07/04 at 20:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Damarus wrote:
> I have both and they're both really good fun in co-op. ALthough
> Soldiers is a very fussy game and runs slowly on even the best of
> PC's.

I noticed a bit of slowdown in the demo level, which by the way was bloody hard, still not been able to complete it. I like the direct control over units in Soldiers, the FPS controls work a treat, it's great fun driving your own tank around blasting towns to pieces.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.