GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSN Movie Store is GO!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/11/09 at 20:39
"possibly impossible"
Yey! Sony have just announced that the PSN movie rental and purchase store is going live tomorrow.

Pricing is pretty good, 1.99 Euros for rentals and 7.99 Euros for purchases.

HD films are limited to rentals at the moment, but they're giving you 14 days to keep it and 48 hours to watch, plus you can transfer to PSP to watch on the go.

2000 films at launch including Star Trek and Transformers 2. New PS3 owners starting a new PSN account from tomorrow through to Friday will get Transformers to keep for free and anyone buying Angels and Demons will get a free copy of The Da Vinci Code to keep.
Sat 21/11/09 at 04:30
Regular
DRM is strict with this. You get the download and the ability to activate it on one PSP system. If for some reason you need another copy - ie replacement PS3 or formatted hard drive, you can contact Sony and they will give you ONE final chance.

http://faq.en.playstation.com/cgi-bin/scee_gb.cfg/php/
enduser/std_adp.php?locale=en_GB&p_faqid=4861
&p_created=1258560566 &p_sid=-CpKJuNj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=
&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcn
Q9JnBfcm93X2NudD0yMDEsMjAxJnBfcHJvZHM
9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlP
TEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD12aWRlbyBzdG9yZQ**
&p_li=&p_topview=1
Thu 19/11/09 at 11:23
"possibly impossible"
Nothing yet on whether they can be transferred to other sources (other than the PSP)
Thu 19/11/09 at 10:32
Regular
That would be great, what are the UK prices likely to be? I'm guessing no different from the european price because we're always getting screwed.

Is there any word about DRM? I would be reluctant to buy HD movies if I can't keep them for good but renting it's not a problem at all.
Thu 19/11/09 at 10:29
"possibly impossible"
Hah, yes, you should ;)

Yes, the 360 already has rentals in HD (only 720p but hoping to provide higher quality soon though) and SD.

The PS3 will provide rentals and films to buy as well, it will be more the films to buy that I'd be interested in and then only when they get the licence for the HD ones to keep.

But it's the ability to watch on PSP that interests me most and may sway me to renting a few movies so I can watch them on the bus on the way home from work.
Thu 19/11/09 at 10:22
Regular
(taken from WLT)

Will you be using it much pb? I would probably use it for the rentals. Although is this really good news? ISP have been taking steps back with traffic shaping (I don't think Freeola do, which is good) whats going to happen when millions of PS3s are suddenly able to download HD movies every other day. Or does the 360 already do this? I really should do some research before I asks questions.
Wed 18/11/09 at 20:39
"possibly impossible"
Yey! Sony have just announced that the PSN movie rental and purchase store is going live tomorrow.

Pricing is pretty good, 1.99 Euros for rentals and 7.99 Euros for purchases.

HD films are limited to rentals at the moment, but they're giving you 14 days to keep it and 48 hours to watch, plus you can transfer to PSP to watch on the go.

2000 films at launch including Star Trek and Transformers 2. New PS3 owners starting a new PSN account from tomorrow through to Friday will get Transformers to keep for free and anyone buying Angels and Demons will get a free copy of The Da Vinci Code to keep.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.