GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"vegetables, fresh and frozen"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/01/07 at 20:30
Regular
"boofy them"
I was thinking today about vegetables.

I have now converted to frozen vegetables as i haven't got time to keep buying fresh. So I was thinking, are frozen just as good for you as fresh? i think they may be.... frozen vegetables go straight out of the ground to be frozen, where as fresh vegetables must be handled by loads of people before getting in to the shops.

Your thoughts please......
Thu 04/01/07 at 12:06
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I think frozen are as good as fresh nutrition wise as long as they're frozen straight away but for me the taste of fresh is much better than frozen or canned.
Wed 03/01/07 at 19:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
go to the grocers for cheap veg, everyone wins.
Wed 03/01/07 at 19:56
Regular
"boofy them"
Borat wrote:
> amandag wrote:
> I was thinking today about vegetables.
>
> Slow day? ;)
>
> every day is a vegetable thinking day :-). Wait until you hear my thoughts on taking down Xmas lights - not quite sure whether put it on a a discussion thread as it contains clasified ideas............life is cool
Tue 02/01/07 at 20:20
Regular
"I may return"
pb wrote:
> farm shop meat and veg is so much better than stuff that's been sitting
> under supermarket lights for ages too...

Not forgetting farm shop ice cream, yum!
Tue 02/01/07 at 20:11
"possibly impossible"
Fresh - it's all in the taste. And yes, farm shop meat and veg is so much better than stuff that's been sitting under supermarket lights for ages too...
Tue 02/01/07 at 20:06
Regular
"I may return"
My friend lives in the countryside, his neighbour is a farm shop :)
Tue 02/01/07 at 19:54
Regular
amandag wrote:
> I was thinking today about vegetables.

Slow day? ;)

Nin wrote:
> Fresh is always better and some veg cant be frozen. I dont mind it though.

Aye agreed, though you're best off getting them from a greengrocer or farm shop if possible as I find you get shafted at supermarkets.

I used to make a lot of Stir Fries when I lived with my mates, the fresh veg I bought to make them from the supermarket cost a fortune. By the end you've spent about £5-8 on a meal ... you could go to the chinese and get a meal for that ... and none of the hassle of cooking ...
Tue 02/01/07 at 01:39
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Fresh is always better and some veg cant be frozen. I dont mind it though.
Mon 01/01/07 at 22:00
Regular
"eat toast!"
Depends, for restaurants fresh is certainly better as they are better quality and you can get cheaper costs bulk buying.

There are the occassional items where fresh is best, but for most domestic stuff like frozen peas and sweetcorn, i haven't really seen any problem with them.

edit: what do you mean you don't have time to buy fresh veg? I mean, it doesn't take much difference to actually go to the veg section find the fruit and veg and buy it right? Looking for the right item shouldn't take anytime to do. Unless of course you go to the market to get them.
Mon 01/01/07 at 20:57
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Its apparently been scientifically proven that frozen vegetables contain the same amount of nutrients as fresh. Yet it doesnt make much sense to me. They get boiled before freezing so there must be some nutritional loss? And doesnt freezing destroy some antioxidants? Also frozen food still deteriorates just at a slower rate. With it being frozen you're encouraged to keep it longer so maybe theres a net loss on nutrition in there somewhere.
I'm guessing that it really depends on the vegetable and you cant make generalisations about it all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.