GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mark the 1st of October on your Simpsons calendar"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/07/01 at 19:47
Regular
Play247 have the Simpsons first season on R1 DVD (all 13 episodes) on pre-order for the truly fantastic price of £17.99!

But it get's better - look at the list of extras:

Original Scripts
Audio Commentary for Each Episode
Early Sketches
Magazine Covers and Stills
Interactive Menu
Scene Access

Must....find....credit....card.....
Thu 05/07/01 at 19:47
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Play247 have the Simpsons first season on R1 DVD (all 13 episodes) on pre-order for the truly fantastic price of £17.99!

But it get's better - look at the list of extras:

Original Scripts
Audio Commentary for Each Episode
Early Sketches
Magazine Covers and Stills
Interactive Menu
Scene Access

Must....find....credit....card.....
Thu 05/07/01 at 19:48
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
SmokedKipper wrote:
> But it get's better - look at the list of extras:

Oh my God, do I have no grasp of basic English? "Get's"?!?!
Thu 05/07/01 at 19:58
Regular
And you are advertising a rival site to SR, good as it is, I doubt SR appreciate that!! But do as you will, freedom of speech and all.
Thu 05/07/01 at 20:03
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
yeah but people can buy the accessory to play R1 DVDS n thir PS2's from SR
Thu 05/07/01 at 20:30
Regular
"Whatever!"
Ive already got them on VHS but what the hell - I shall be getting a multi region player soon so these are an absolute must!!
Thu 05/07/01 at 20:36
Regular
"Looking for freedom"
Bonus wrote:
> And you are advertising a rival site to SR, good as it is, I doubt
> SR appreciate that!! But do as you will, freedom of speech and
> all.

I wouldn't call Play a rival. The vast majority of their takings probably comes from R1 DVDs which SR don't sell and Plays games section is obviously not the main focus of their site.

Have you read my Sonic Adventure 2 post in the Dreamcast forum? SR never complained about that - I thought they might have sneakily deleted it but no, they go and give me a free game for it!

I could probably get away with blatent swearing!

Let's try it!

F...

(USER BANNED)
Thu 05/07/01 at 20:53
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
i have suggest to SR that they sell R1 DVDS.
i did it on the extra game a day prize topic on fog prime topics
Thu 05/07/01 at 21:43
Regular
"WWJD"
cool that sounds well good im getting that for the extra things on the DVD even though i havent got a DVD player but anyway i can look @ it and marvel OOOOHHHHHHHHH!!
Fri 06/07/01 at 19:46
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
i have just found out that the simposons dvd will be release world wide on the last week of september so i would just get the uk one
Sun 08/07/01 at 12:03
Regular
"Kiss my face!"
The date that it will be released in the US (Region 1) is 25/09/01, but as yet R2 release date has still to be confirmed(its still to be confirmed if it will even be released at all in Europe - although the BBFC have obtained all the extras from 20th Century FOX and given them all a seperate rating each).

At such a great price of £17.99 for 3 discs in a really cool looking presentation box, you'd have to be really stupid to pass up a deal like that.

He is the rundown as to what episodes will be on each disc:

Disc 1

1. Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire
2. Bart the Genius
3. Homer's Odyssey
4. There's No Disgrace Like Home
5. Bart the General
6. Moaning Lisa

Bonus features:

Original scripts with notes by Matt Groening for
Bart the Genius, Bart the General, and Moaning Lisa.

Disc 2

7. Call of the Simpsons
8. The Telltale Head
9. Life on the Fast Lane
10. Homer's Night Out
11. The Crepes of Wrath
12. Krusty Gets Busted

Disc 3

13. Some Enchanted Evening

Bonus features:

Original script with notes by Matt Groening for Some Enchanted Evening, outtakes from the unaired version of Some Enchanted Evening, an excerpt of the animatic version of Bart the General (1m:49s) with commentary from Matt Groening and former director David Silverman, Albert Brooks Outtakes from Life on the Fast Lane (3m:43s), the BBC America's First Family television special (4m:48s), an ABC News Special Report on the Bart Simpson T-Shirt controversy (1m:45s), the first-ever Simpsons short to air on The Tracey Ullman Show, five foreign-language clips, a stills gallery of early Simpsons sketches, and magazine covers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.