GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getdotted look-up problems in Firefox 2.0"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/01/07 at 20:17
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Does anybody else have problems with GetDotted's look-up feature when using Firefox 2.0?

I see Freeola have gone with the fancy XMLHTTPRequest method, but it doesn't seem to work for me. IE 7 and Opera are fine.
Sun 07/01/07 at 22:50
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
DOH!

I decided to write a review for Firefox, and when I came to writing the extension bit, realised that it was probably one of those. I went through and disabled each one, and it turns out it was Firebug that was preventing the XMLHTTPRequest from working, more specifically the Show XMLHttpRequests option.

Sorry about that :)
Tue 02/01/07 at 18:44
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
The fact that I tried out BETA's of Firefox crossed my mind, but after my last problem I un-installed it and deleted the Mozilla folders and profiles, so if it is because of a previous BETA, I'm a little unsure how that could be resolved. I'll give it another shot sometime though, just in case.

Thanks for the link to a workable version for me Bob. The fact that it works for you and Hmmm... must mean it's a problem at my end.
Tue 02/01/07 at 18:11
Regular
Unfortunately I am unable to check in a version updated from a beta as we always only test for stable versions that the majority of our users will be using. The Ajax like techniques I've put in to change the Getdotted search work fine in all final implementations of Firefox that I've tried today and so it must be a bug that was in a beta and not fixed properly in the upgrade. It could help to uninstall and reinstall Firefox to clear this.

There is an old version of the page which is defaulted to if you use an older browser such as NN4 and if you want you can access this directly using the URL:

Click here
Tue 02/01/07 at 17:37
"Are you sure?"
Firefox 2.0.0.1 works fine for me.

cjh, I seem to remember you ran some of the beta versions of FF, and it did some strange things during the install of the final version. I wonder if it's because of your 'firefox history' that you are seeing this problem?

Have you got access to another PC where you can repeat your test?
Tue 02/01/07 at 16:58
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.1 on a Windows XP SP2 PC. It happens for any domain I search for. I've tried searching for freeola.com and received the same result, in that the screen displayed "Checking availability..." without ever changing.
Tue 02/01/07 at 11:24
Regular
I have tried to recreate this bug but without any sucess. Can you confirm the exact version of firefox your using, mine is 2.0.0.1 . As for the bug itself what are you searching for and what comes up as a result?
Mon 01/01/07 at 20:17
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Does anybody else have problems with GetDotted's look-up feature when using Firefox 2.0?

I see Freeola have gone with the fancy XMLHTTPRequest method, but it doesn't seem to work for me. IE 7 and Opera are fine.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.