GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 360 problems"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/01/07 at 18:18
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Howdo chaps.

For a while my 360 was temperamental at loading some games, saying "Please insert a 360 disk!", and this got progressively worse and worse, until christmas when there was about a 1 in 10 chance of it loading a game.

I took it back to said high-street shop and they happily gave me a shiny new one. (Kept the HD etc)

My problem now though, is that unless I am connected to Xbox Live, all my arcade games are the Trial versions!! Even if I'm logged in on my the account, just not online they all come up as Trial. But as soon as I log on, they all work. Anyone else had this happen? Is the most frustrating this ever, as I like to play on my xbox without being online most of the time, as I generally prefer my PC to be hooked up to the net.

Another thing I noticed was that it said I needed an update for one of my games, which I did. Turned the machine on the next day and as I wasn't connected to "LIVE" it didn't think I had the update, and so had to connect up, and then it had to download it again...

erh... stupid Microsoft and their STUPID box!

Do like it, but I've never had these sort of issues with a console in the past!!!

:(
Tue 02/01/07 at 15:50
Regular
I had posted a thread b4 with a problem with mine. it was after an update microsoft put out, my comp kept crashing and after a while wudnt even turn on. just getting 3 red lights flashing round the power button, really annoying. sent it off tho and its all good now.
Tue 02/01/07 at 14:46
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I've had mine since launch and haven't had any problems so far
> *touch wood*
>
> Ditto, with the exception that the only bit of wood nearby is
> the skirting board and I cba to reach down that far. *pokes the
> skirting board with his foot*

Me three.
Tue 02/01/07 at 12:28
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I've had mine since launch and haven't had any problems so far
> *touch wood*

Ditto, with the exception that the only bit of wood nearby is the skirting board and I cba to reach down that far. *pokes the skirting board with his foot*
Tue 02/01/07 at 00:16
Regular
I've had mine since launch and haven't had any problems so far *touch wood*
Mon 01/01/07 at 23:27
Regular
"8==="
I avoided the launch consoles (As I always end up doing) and mine's been fine.
Mon 01/01/07 at 22:00
Regular
Kinda like ipods =\
Mon 01/01/07 at 21:07
Regular
"lets go back"
Has anyone not had a problem with their 360? They all seem to break or have some kind of malfunction which is putting me off getting one.
Mon 01/01/07 at 20:51
Regular
I'm not 100% on this as I have my Xbox 360 connected to Live everytime its on however I'm sure I read something about the Live Arcade games being linked to the Xbox Live account (so if transferred to another Xbox 360, would only work if you signed on to Live on it...)

I suppose it's similar to the Wii's 'can only be played on the system its first downloaded to' for the virtual console.
Mon 01/01/07 at 18:18
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Howdo chaps.

For a while my 360 was temperamental at loading some games, saying "Please insert a 360 disk!", and this got progressively worse and worse, until christmas when there was about a 1 in 10 chance of it loading a game.

I took it back to said high-street shop and they happily gave me a shiny new one. (Kept the HD etc)

My problem now though, is that unless I am connected to Xbox Live, all my arcade games are the Trial versions!! Even if I'm logged in on my the account, just not online they all come up as Trial. But as soon as I log on, they all work. Anyone else had this happen? Is the most frustrating this ever, as I like to play on my xbox without being online most of the time, as I generally prefer my PC to be hooked up to the net.

Another thing I noticed was that it said I needed an update for one of my games, which I did. Turned the machine on the next day and as I wasn't connected to "LIVE" it didn't think I had the update, and so had to connect up, and then it had to download it again...

erh... stupid Microsoft and their STUPID box!

Do like it, but I've never had these sort of issues with a console in the past!!!

:(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.