GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Commandos Strike Force"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Commandos Strike Force'.
Mon 21/06/04 at 02:08
"I love yo... lamp."
Nabbed from Gamespot.

"Eidos Interactive recently updated its UK Web site with the first information on Commandos Strike Force, a previously unannounced World War II first-person shooter from Pyro Studios. Described as a tactical action shooter for up to eight players, the game is currently in development for the PC, PlayStation 2, and Xbox.

In Commandos Strike Force, players will assume the role of a Green Beret, a sniper, or a spy operating behind enemy lines. Each of the playable characters will boast a different set of skills and abilities and, consequently, a different style of gameplay. The game will feature three linked campaigns set in Norway, Russia, and France, and players will be able to switch between characters as they progress through any given mission.

The environments in the game are described as open and nonlinear, and they promise to give players the freedom to formulate and execute their own plans of attack. Tactics will undoubtedly be important in the game given its Commandos heritage, and it's already been revealed that players will be able to use timed bombs to create diversions and knives to perform silent kills. In addition to the three playable characters, players will have the option to use Allied troops to aid with missions, although it's not yet clear how this feature will be implemented.

No further details on Commandos Strike Force are available at this time, save that it will feature competitive online play for up to eight players. What information there is appears to have been removed from the Eidos UK site at the time of writing, but we'll bring you more information on the game as soon as it becomes available."

Sounds promising. Pyro are the guys behind the Commandos series, as in the strategy games. They have always been good so far, but this is a bit different. Could be fun on Live, though that is assuming it doesn't come out right at the same time as Call Of Duty. Pyro also did Praetorians.

Another reason for Eidos to go up in my estimation is their use of Tera Patrick in Backyard Wrestling 2. She helped promote it and is an unlockable character. This of course gives me an excuse to post a (non-nude) picture: [URL]http://home.hetnet.nl/~lesbpages/images/003_015_2.jpg[/URL]
Mon 21/06/04 at 02:08
"I love yo... lamp."
Nabbed from Gamespot.

"Eidos Interactive recently updated its UK Web site with the first information on Commandos Strike Force, a previously unannounced World War II first-person shooter from Pyro Studios. Described as a tactical action shooter for up to eight players, the game is currently in development for the PC, PlayStation 2, and Xbox.

In Commandos Strike Force, players will assume the role of a Green Beret, a sniper, or a spy operating behind enemy lines. Each of the playable characters will boast a different set of skills and abilities and, consequently, a different style of gameplay. The game will feature three linked campaigns set in Norway, Russia, and France, and players will be able to switch between characters as they progress through any given mission.

The environments in the game are described as open and nonlinear, and they promise to give players the freedom to formulate and execute their own plans of attack. Tactics will undoubtedly be important in the game given its Commandos heritage, and it's already been revealed that players will be able to use timed bombs to create diversions and knives to perform silent kills. In addition to the three playable characters, players will have the option to use Allied troops to aid with missions, although it's not yet clear how this feature will be implemented.

No further details on Commandos Strike Force are available at this time, save that it will feature competitive online play for up to eight players. What information there is appears to have been removed from the Eidos UK site at the time of writing, but we'll bring you more information on the game as soon as it becomes available."

Sounds promising. Pyro are the guys behind the Commandos series, as in the strategy games. They have always been good so far, but this is a bit different. Could be fun on Live, though that is assuming it doesn't come out right at the same time as Call Of Duty. Pyro also did Praetorians.

Another reason for Eidos to go up in my estimation is their use of Tera Patrick in Backyard Wrestling 2. She helped promote it and is an unlockable character. This of course gives me an excuse to post a (non-nude) picture: [URL]http://home.hetnet.nl/~lesbpages/images/003_015_2.jpg[/URL]
Mon 21/06/04 at 08:22
Regular
To be honest I think Pyro know the PC architecture all too well and as such I really don't believe they can successfully create a console title without solely working on one platform. I read this a few days back on IGN Insider and it sounds like it could even receive a possible Cube and PC release as well. I honestly believe that without working with one console to find its strengths and weaknesses that they won't be able to take any further what they did with Commandos 2 which was quite frankly a complete disaster on the consoles however it was superb on the PC.

I personally would like to see them approach the strategy/tactical/shooting area which Pandemic have just opened up with Full Spectrum Warrior. The game is immense, a really awesome title from start to finish and one that I am already playing through a second time. There are more than enough FPS games on the market and the majority of them are military orientated in one way or another.

I think they are getting a little carried away with the success of Call of Duty and as such are going to enter a territory that they could find themselves getting slaughtered in. The Commandos series is superb, loved and completed everyone in the series so far and the challenges put up in the PC titles have been on the verge of brain crushing at times, why they can't just stick to what they are good is beyond me. If it was console exclusive then I would be anticipating it as a release, as such though I can see multi-format cash in written all over it, especially with a pencilled release of March next year, I don't believe they can pull it off.
Mon 21/06/04 at 12:42
"I love yo... lamp."
I actually liked Commandos 2 on the Xbox. By far the most stupidly hard game ever created, as witnessed by having to restart the training mission repeatedly on easy.

Still, the Xbox is similar enough to a PC that they should manage to push the hardware a bit. That would bode well for a PC release. Throwing the GC into the mix would complicate things though. Mind you, if Eidos are publishing it, the chances of it appearing on the GC are low anyway.

I'm happy to give it a chance to prove itself anyway.
Tue 22/06/04 at 09:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Commandos 2 isn't hard, it's just tricky.

You just punch/tie up/move any guard who gets in your way, and often have to reload it up. Cracking game though - the levels are beautiful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.