GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA2 Confirmed"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/06/04 at 18:38
"period drama"
[URL]http://www.gcadvanced.com/article.php?artid=2418[/URL]

There you go - they weren't lying after all. DS is not GBA2.
Tue 22/06/04 at 14:33
Regular
The GBA SP will attract those retro and younger gamers looking for a cheap little games console with old classic titles.

Therefore when the DS is released next year the GBA SP will still be selling, and not only that, selling strong. It has a very unique appeal both the DS and the SP and to different people. You may have GBA backwards compatability in the DS but with the SP you can play the real old Gameboy games and not to mention connectivity with the Cube.

The DS is a risky machine, it tries new things and Nintendo will have a more conventional handheld waiting in the wings to follow the DS up...

After around 2 years on the scene the DS will have a rival in the GBA 2.... the SP would have stopped selling and the GBA 2 and DS will sell simultaneously for a while.
Tue 22/06/04 at 13:43
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
*disPute* wrote:
> Shigsy and co have made it clear (for whatever reason) that currently
> they want the DS to be a seperate area of gaming from future Gameboys
> and their main consoles. I think they might back down from this but
> that is their current stance.

They've made it so clear that there is talk of the DS being renamed to involve the words Gameboy, and they also made it compatible with GBA titles (but not GB or GBC obviously). Very clear.

They are now basically saying they will have *three* systems all aiming for the same market. It's ridiculous.
Tue 22/06/04 at 12:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Damn. And I was quite confident the DS would eventually become the "GBA 2", since it's final-name still isn't confirmed...

:P

The GBA 2 though will have to really be something incredible if it is to top the DS too...! :o

"Here's to the future!" (as Dringo used to say).... :)
Tue 22/06/04 at 00:13
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Shigsy and co have made it clear (for whatever reason) that currently they want the DS to be a seperate area of gaming from future Gameboys and their main consoles. I think they might back down from this but that is their current stance.
Mon 21/06/04 at 18:59
Regular
"bit of a brain"
He doesn't say that GBA2 and DS will be around at the same time though, and I think what he says points to the next GBA being a successor to the DS.
Mon 21/06/04 at 18:38
"period drama"
[URL]http://www.gcadvanced.com/article.php?artid=2418[/URL]

There you go - they weren't lying after all. DS is not GBA2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.