GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wookiee Monstor, I need your help."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/07/01 at 11:22
Regular
For my humanities coursework I am puytting together a PRS (perosnal Research study) about The affects of violent computer gaming in the UK, and I was wondering if you wold like to take part in a small on-forum questionairre?

Thanks for your time, see you soon.
- Tom.
Thu 05/07/01 at 11:22
For my humanities coursework I am puytting together a PRS (perosnal Research study) about The affects of violent computer gaming in the UK, and I was wondering if you wold like to take part in a small on-forum questionairre?

Thanks for your time, see you soon.
- Tom.
Thu 05/07/01 at 11:24
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I will!
Thu 05/07/01 at 11:45
"High polygon count"
Okay with me - fire away!
Thu 05/07/01 at 11:47
Alright, you can too. Let's get started! =¬)

Question 1: do you think violence in computer games should be regulated in the UK?

Question 2: Why?

(I'l continue when you have answered.) Thanks!
Thu 05/07/01 at 11:48
you're here Wookiee!

Just answer those questions I gave TN, and then I'll get back you you.
Thu 05/07/01 at 13:09
"High polygon count"
Saesee wrote:
> Question 1: do you think violence in computer games should
> be regulated in the UK?

No.

> Question 2: Why?

I don't believe in censorship. I think that a developer should be able to put what they want in a game, without fear of reprisals from watchdogs or parents. We should be able to play a game exactly as the developer intended it to be, without any omissions or changes.

If people don't like the content, they don't have to buy the game. Same as if I don't like what's on TV, I can switch over or off. I can make my own judgement, and I don't need some overly-moral Mary Whitehouse type to decide what I can and can't see.

As Angelina Jolie said two days ago in an interview about UK cuts to the Tomb Raider movie: where do you draw the line? Why is a headbutt deemed too violent, when a punch in the face is not?

Who watches the watchmen? Why are they deemed to be less corruptable than me? I'm not easily offended, and I'm sick of my entertainment being butchered because of what a small minority of morons *might* do.

Rant over!
Thu 05/07/01 at 20:25
Regular
"Melliflous Wanderer"
Here here , I agree.
Mon 09/07/01 at 13:49
Thanks Wookiee, I can't thank you enough!
Mon 09/07/01 at 13:51
"High polygon count"
Blimey, I only answered a question! Good job I didn't give you £20, you'd be wanting sex or something! ;-)
Fri 13/07/01 at 10:14
???

Okay... now what you said there was wierd.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.