GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well Driv3r was such a loss.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Tue 22/06/04 at 03:05
Regular
Turned out a mess in the end lucky for us we don't have it coming out on the 'cube 'coz itz too kiddy innit'.
Thu 08/07/04 at 15:01
Regular
Doubt it - as I say, there's a lot to keep playing it for.
Wed 07/07/04 at 23:35
Regular
True but most of us would of returned it as soon as we completed it or done it straight away.
Wed 07/07/04 at 23:22
Regular
I completed it earlier today.

Nothing particularly special, as Lou Role says, but for all its faults, it does a lot of things right, making it a nonetheless enjoyable game. I'll be returning to it for the superb Take A Ride mode, the short-and-sweet Driving Games and the Film Director.

Far too easy to criticise, but a 7/10 game at least in my opinion - and with the noticeable lack of the Grand Theft Auto series and just the lacklustre True Crime to fill the void, I think Driv3r would actually have been an appreciated addition to most GameCube owners' collections.
Wed 07/07/04 at 22:29
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Well GC owners, you don't need to worry about missing out on Driver. After having had the game since release, I've pretty much seen everything it has to offer, and it really is a bit crap actually. I like messing around in the free ride mode a little, but overall the game really isn't anything to shout about. Technically it's wonderfull, the way the cars handle and the damage physics are brilliant, but there are loads of flaws and the on-foot sections are rubbish to be perfectly honest. You didn't miss much.
Thu 24/06/04 at 17:29
Regular
Still, is the core gameplay the same - or does it just run and look better?
Thu 24/06/04 at 13:44
Regular
On the consoles it is, the PC version though is excellent providing you have some pretty high end hardware to max all the visual settings.
Thu 24/06/04 at 13:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
NFSU is a shambles.
Wed 23/06/04 at 22:42
Regular
Ah great, lots of people judging Driv3r and the majority haven't played it. The critics are just being foolish - 3/10 is completely ridiculous, whatever you think. It's a very good game and "such a loss" to those people who write it off without playing it.
Wed 23/06/04 at 21:50
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
The AI is laughable when on-foot, I'll give you that. But it's the actual car chases that I like, and just generally wrecking the cars and messing about. I guess I just don't take the game as seriously as some other people.
Wed 23/06/04 at 21:43
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Might buy just for this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.