GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"KAMEO: ELEMENTS OF POWER"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/07/01 at 19:30
Regular
KAMEO: ELEMENTS OF POWER

This was one of Rare’s greatest secrets that was unleashed into the madness of E3 in May.
What is the game about?
It is said to be basically a mixture between Pokemon and Jet Force Gemini.

There are 60 creatures to catch, then battle them. You catch the lil’ monsters by firing a bubble at them, then drag them into a whirlpool type thing. (i.e. a pokeball!)

Again just like Pokemon, the creatures evolve, but instead of just a set evolution, much like Black & White, if it is trained well it becomes an all-fighting super monster, but if you lack in fighting skill, it becomes a fat oaf.

But what is different and sounds more interesting is the fact that you can actually BECOME the creature. You can climb up mountains, fly, breathe fire, or fire bombs out of yer backside!

Once your creatures get into a lil’ fight with another, you get the standard green bar at the top of the screen that is your health. When it goes down, you are in trouble. Obviously the aim is to destroy the other ‘leader’s’ creatures.

As Rare are making it, the graphics are stunning and I’ve seen the animated footage, so I can’t wait to hear more.

Also , it has been said that this title may have been in production even before StarFox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet. So it may even arrive before that!

What do you lot think of the game?
Is it just a blatant copy of Pokemon?
Wed 04/07/01 at 19:30
KAMEO: ELEMENTS OF POWER

This was one of Rare’s greatest secrets that was unleashed into the madness of E3 in May.
What is the game about?
It is said to be basically a mixture between Pokemon and Jet Force Gemini.

There are 60 creatures to catch, then battle them. You catch the lil’ monsters by firing a bubble at them, then drag them into a whirlpool type thing. (i.e. a pokeball!)

Again just like Pokemon, the creatures evolve, but instead of just a set evolution, much like Black & White, if it is trained well it becomes an all-fighting super monster, but if you lack in fighting skill, it becomes a fat oaf.

But what is different and sounds more interesting is the fact that you can actually BECOME the creature. You can climb up mountains, fly, breathe fire, or fire bombs out of yer backside!

Once your creatures get into a lil’ fight with another, you get the standard green bar at the top of the screen that is your health. When it goes down, you are in trouble. Obviously the aim is to destroy the other ‘leader’s’ creatures.

As Rare are making it, the graphics are stunning and I’ve seen the animated footage, so I can’t wait to hear more.

Also , it has been said that this title may have been in production even before StarFox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet. So it may even arrive before that!

What do you lot think of the game?
Is it just a blatant copy of Pokemon?
Thu 05/07/01 at 01:36
Regular
i dunno much about this game, but its got a good name! Thats usually the key to a succesful game. Rare have never really made a bad game. all of thier games that i have played have always been top quality, so i cant see them droping thier trend with this game.
Thu 05/07/01 at 09:50
I think this game is shaping up nicely, it looks like it will be a groundbreaking game and from the screenshots Ive seen on the Rare website this could be the best looking game on the GameCube.
Thu 05/07/01 at 10:40
Regular
"not dead"
It's good to see that there are people other than me taking an interest in this title!

It certainly seems to be Rares take on Pokemon, but I'd say this was Pokemon for grown-ups!

The aim of the game is to use the monsters you train to save the elemental children (hence the name elements of power). Simply having a quest will make collecting monsters to perform specific tasks more important than Pokemons simple goal of collecting them all to become an ultimate Poke-master.

The training aspect also seems rather important, so you can't just whip out the monsters when you need them, you'll have to keep them fit, and ready for battle.

As you can 'possess' your monsters and fight with them it looks to be very action packed, with the real time battles looking very impressive indeed.

Kameo won't be ready for the launch of the 'CUBE, but can be expected sometime during 2002.
Thu 05/07/01 at 14:39
Regular
"DS..."
Whether its a blatant copy of either pokemon or JFG or not, its made by Rareware so itll rock whatever it's like! (probably)
slik ?_?
Sat 07/07/01 at 09:10
Even though it has similar elements to Pokemon and Jet Force Jemini, it still has tons of new original material in it. Have any of you seen the animated footage, where you can just suddenly transform into any of your creatures and get ready for battle? I think that looks amazing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.