GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doom III, I've played it."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Fri 25/06/04 at 12:55
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Hello,

After playing the game I just have to tell everyone how bloody good it is! The speed of your character is perfectly acceptable (think Thief 3: Deadly Shadows), and the sound FX are crystal clear. You've probaly seen the movies already so you know what the graphics are like, but for me to see it on my monitor being powered by my hardware is beyond words (having said that, I must remind you I'm not a graphics whor*). When I was attacked by zombies I couldn't kill them or pass them as my hardware bent under the graphical pressure (2fps), but I could manage 9fps walking about alone without being attacked. I'll try and get a snap shot of the menu screen for you, but I don't know how to post links here.

My hardware spec is:

G-Force 3 Ti200
256MB SDRAM
P4 1.6GHz
WinXP Home Edition
Tue 20/07/04 at 12:18
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
klasovdan_1 wrote:
> it is probley just the bad graphics hope it will run smothley on my
> 9800 pro

Yeah. I'm hoping the same, as I've got:

Athlon XP2800+
Abit NF7
512MB Geil RAM @ CAS2 7-3-3
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

Let's hope the finished build runs sweet as... might even have been optimised for the newer drivers :)
Wed 14/07/04 at 19:15
Regular
"who wrote that?"
it is probley just the bad graphics hope it will run smothley on my 9800 pro
Fri 09/07/04 at 19:15
Regular
WickedWare wrote:
> Yes, it's the alpha (has 3 very short maps).
>
> Here's 3 screens I made for you.
>
> In-game shot: http://www.xbeanx.plus.com/doom3screen.PNG
> Menu screen: http://www.xbeanx.plus.com/doom3menu.PNG
> Loading screen, lol: http://www.xbeanx.plus.com/doom3load.PNG

thoes 3 screenshots look like a joke

what happened to the final fanstasy (movie) type graphics
Fri 09/07/04 at 02:24
Regular
"of Your Dreams!"
How did u play it? do u work as a game tester or something?
Wed 30/06/04 at 22:38
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
I've seen several supposedly fully working torrent downloads, Im assuming they lead to valid downloads, or they wouldn't still be up.Shame really how people are willing to seriously compromise the development of such titles.
Wed 30/06/04 at 15:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> It's been leaked?
>
> I'm not up on current events.

It was leaked months ago, saw some videos and it looked pretty decent even though it was an early Alpha version.
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:08
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
I played this last year. It ran great on my machine. P4 2.4, 512mb, 128mb Geforce 4 Ti4800 WITH 5.1 surround sound.

Admittedly, it was a bit of a hassle to get it running as I had to revert back to older graphics drivers.
Fri 25/06/04 at 23:02
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Yes ages ago, alpha was a E3 2003 demo. Think there might be a few other versions out there as well.
Fri 25/06/04 at 22:46
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
It's been leaked?

I'm not up on current events.
Fri 25/06/04 at 22:00
Regular
I would love to see how this would run on something a bit more beefy, im not even sure my Radeon 9600xt would cope very well when i am bain attacked by tons of zombies, looking forward to it's realease, also the downloaded version runs pretty bad on most hardware setups as it is just a beta.

Colin

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.