GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Warhammer: Mark of Chaos"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Warhammer: Mark of Chaos'.
Sun 31/12/06 at 14:14
Regular
I've been eyeing up this game's graphical beauty and white-knuckled gameplay for weeks - and our anticipation was worth it. If you've ever wanted your Warhammer miniatures to come to life, check out Warhammer: Mark of Chaos. This adaptation of Games Workshop's popular fantasy wargame plays like Empire knights and Chaos orcs have hopped off their metal bases to rampage on your monitor. Purists will love it for its faithfulness to the original game, while others will groove on great RTS mechanics and castle-smashing battles.

Gameplay is structured like that in the Total War series; all the emphasis on combat. There are no resources to gather and no bases to build, so you can fully concentrate on war between the Empire, with its High Elf allies, and the Hordes of Chaos, bolstered by the rat-like Skaven.

Anyone familiar with tabletop Warhammer will recognize the stats and style of the action. Mark of Chaos is loaded with details taken straight from the Games Workshop rulebooks. Armies mostly consist of grunts like the Empire's swordsmen and handgunners and the Chaos axethrowers and warhounds, along with mercenary reinforcements such as dwarven warriors and night goblins. And the dark look and well-acted, gothic-tinged dialogue perfectly match the grimy baroque art and mood of the tabletop game.

*Original source = Click here
Sun 31/12/06 at 14:14
Regular
I've been eyeing up this game's graphical beauty and white-knuckled gameplay for weeks - and our anticipation was worth it. If you've ever wanted your Warhammer miniatures to come to life, check out Warhammer: Mark of Chaos. This adaptation of Games Workshop's popular fantasy wargame plays like Empire knights and Chaos orcs have hopped off their metal bases to rampage on your monitor. Purists will love it for its faithfulness to the original game, while others will groove on great RTS mechanics and castle-smashing battles.

Gameplay is structured like that in the Total War series; all the emphasis on combat. There are no resources to gather and no bases to build, so you can fully concentrate on war between the Empire, with its High Elf allies, and the Hordes of Chaos, bolstered by the rat-like Skaven.

Anyone familiar with tabletop Warhammer will recognize the stats and style of the action. Mark of Chaos is loaded with details taken straight from the Games Workshop rulebooks. Armies mostly consist of grunts like the Empire's swordsmen and handgunners and the Chaos axethrowers and warhounds, along with mercenary reinforcements such as dwarven warriors and night goblins. And the dark look and well-acted, gothic-tinged dialogue perfectly match the grimy baroque art and mood of the tabletop game.

*Original source = Click here
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:13
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:42
Regular
"I may return"
Nick I've told you about cheating and that you most likely wont win a GAD if you cheat.
*Slowly shakes head*
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:53
Regular
huh? but I just warned him about this yesterday =/ oh well.
Sun 31/12/06 at 17:31
Regular
I didnt cheat :(
Sun 31/12/06 at 17:33
Regular
Ok I cheated :( BUT NONE OF MY OTHER REVIEWS ARE!

**Slowly shaking head myself**

Sowwy guys :(
Tue 02/01/07 at 03:19
Regular
"Captain to you."
and you had the cheek to accuse me of copying one of mine.

Now everyone is going to be suspicious of all your entries even if you claim you wrote them.
Tue 02/01/07 at 10:30
Regular
"I may return"
NickGreen wrote:
> Ok I cheated :( BUT NONE OF MY OTHER REVIEWS ARE!

*Checks other reviews and tries to find evidence their aren't Nicks*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.