GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD-ROM's"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 04/07/01 at 09:39
Regular
I have a 10x DVD-ROM and quite frankly I thought it was rubbish. All my CD's click and churn when I ran them {THat's the best way that I can describe it anyway!} and half of them wont work. I have just put up with this problem. Then I won a DVD with filmaday. I put that DVD in my computer (as I dont have a DVD player) and it was read fine my the DVD-ROM no dogy sounds when it ran. The film was smooth. The DVDROM didnt churn or anything it was great. So why is there a difference between the quality of using a CD rather than a DVD?

Does that mean that If I went and bought all my games on their DVD counter parts that I wouold have better quality and no churning (Im starting to like that word. Now where can I use it?)?

Please help

Ben
Wed 04/07/01 at 09:39
I have a 10x DVD-ROM and quite frankly I thought it was rubbish. All my CD's click and churn when I ran them {THat's the best way that I can describe it anyway!} and half of them wont work. I have just put up with this problem. Then I won a DVD with filmaday. I put that DVD in my computer (as I dont have a DVD player) and it was read fine my the DVD-ROM no dogy sounds when it ran. The film was smooth. The DVDROM didnt churn or anything it was great. So why is there a difference between the quality of using a CD rather than a DVD?

Does that mean that If I went and bought all my games on their DVD counter parts that I wouold have better quality and no churning (Im starting to like that word. Now where can I use it?)?

Please help

Ben
Wed 04/07/01 at 11:24
Regular
It has to do with the lens. The DVD lens is capable of reading CD's but not very fast and it cannot see through scratches (ie read scratched CD's). The best thing to do is put both drives in (a CD drive only costs £30) until CD's are completely replaced.
Wed 04/07/01 at 14:00
We always used to say someone was on the churn, if they were turning to the Dark Side (i.e. becoming a homosexual)...So go ahead tell your friends theyre on the churn!

Oh how fast is your computer, Im wondering how fast your computer needs to be to watch DVD movies on your PC.
Fri 06/07/01 at 17:58
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
What happened to your CDR-ROM? If you need help with installing both just ask.
Sat 14/07/01 at 02:22
if your computer can read dvd cd's perfectly but not normal cd's then one answer, for about £5 you can buy a second hand cd-rom of ebay to play normal cd's and use your dvd for dvd's. What type of dvd drive is it anyway.
Sun 15/07/01 at 13:47
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Your school'd probably give you a CD-ROM. They gave me a 4.3gig HDD!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.