GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driv3r - Is it worth it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Sat 26/06/04 at 13:20
Regular
I have seen some awe-inspiring pics, I WANT IT!
Does anyone own it or recommend it?
Tue 14/09/04 at 15:58
Regular
"Nicolaj"
A little if your are a Driver fan
Sun 12/09/04 at 22:02
"Was the man of marz"
Graphics are good, (only PS2 owners say that there not, because they arn't on the Ps)

Glitches, far too many for a game of its kind- in 2004

Game length, short, 4 days from buying it and it was clocked (anyone hate that last mission with the stupid cops that are meant to be on your side but just run out and don't even shoot)

Sum up: worth it but don't expect anything special. Oh yea, you die alot quicker than in gta, and when you crash in your car in driver, it takes off your health
Sun 12/09/04 at 09:53
"Umbrella"
Well, both yes and no.
The good thing is: The Film Drictor, and Take A Ride mode.
You can do cool things in Take A Ride mode, and then recoad it on Film Drictor (but only 5 minutes per replay), and the voice acting.

But the bad thing is: the graphics, it only look half done, and the missions are far from easy (of coruse), but they are not far from hard either, itīs very hard.
The cutsecens are also bad, itīs hard to see what going on, and there is so much cliping, and the story sucks.

But a bouns on X-Box is: X-Box Live (no mutilplayer), and costum soundtrack.
So itīs up to your for decide, but i recemaned not.
Mon 28/06/04 at 22:54
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Some of the missions are really frustrating, but they can be made much easier if you put your mind to it. I have a couple of examples as I did all the Nice missions today:

There was one mission where I had to kill this women but her car was much faster than mine so I couldn't really keep up with her easily. So after a lot of attempts I decided that I would just try and shoot her through the windscreen of her car as she drove past at the beginning of the mission. One well aimed shot and the mission was over in less than 5 seconds, after me trying it for almost half an hour.

There was another mission where I had to chase a car but there was an innocent cop in it so I couldn't shoot at the windscreen incase I hit him, and as with the other mission the other car was much faster than mine. So instead of jumping in my car straight away, I aimed a few shots at the other vehicles tires and it slowed it to a crawl, then I just shot away at it until it's health was depleted.

One last example is one where I had to Hijack a car from a rival gang. I followed a truck to the compound and swiftly got my ass kicked by the many guards that awaited me. So next time, I just stopped the truck that I was supposed to follow, shot the driver and used the truck to get into the compound. The guards just let me in and I made off with the car.

So as you can see, some of the more difficult missions can be made much easier if you just put a little thought into them.

:)
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:41
Regular
"Insert Gently"
bout 3 mission were brain numbingly hard
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:40
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Anonymous wrote:
> Just completed it and it is worth it, it will take you bout 5 mins to
> finish it but the Take a Ride mode is the best thing

Would you say that the levels are hard, or are they easy?
By hard I mean things which frustrate you for days before their complete.
Or are they like GTA, were it isn't that hard,
But then again, GTA isn't easy either ! :)
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:34
Regular
"wats up doc?"
Seasoned Samurai wrote:
> I completed it last night, I would give it 7 out of 10. Some nice
> graphics in places, gameplay good in places. I didn’t like the on
> foot stuff. Ill be putting it on ebay latter this week.

Hey, Iv been looking for it for some time
About the selling thing, erm... How much do you want for it?
Sun 27/06/04 at 21:35
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Savatt78 wrote:
> getting my kicks outta diving out of cars at high speed into oncoming
> traffic when not watching the Simpsons or the cop chase stuff on TV.

Brilliant, crashing cars = excellent, Simpsons = excellent, cop chases = really excellent.

:)
Sun 27/06/04 at 02:07
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I've been really enjoying Driver 3. The only complaint I have is with some of the glitches and stuff that really should have been worked on. But otherwise its a great game with driving and open road you only wish could have been in GTA.

The on foot stuff isn't amazing, but it isn't bad either - I've seen a lot worse thats for sure. Had some great missions in the main game and the cutscenes are pretty cool too. Other than the main game, I spent a lot more time than expected messing around with my cousin on the free mode. What started as just trying out a few vehicles turned into making up stupid little "games" such as going at full speed and then diving out into oncoming traffic and seeing who could have the best accident. Cause thats really clever. ;-)

Also got in the truck and dived out and over the edge of the bridge in Miami. I told my fiancee all about it and she was real proud of me. ;-)
Kinda funny to picture actually - theres her, done well at college, straight A grades, sensible girl....then theres me, getting my kicks outta diving out of cars at high speed into oncoming traffic when not watching the Simpsons or the cop chase stuff on TV.

Hmmmmmmmmm, kinda see why she calls me a redneck.... ;-))
Sat 26/06/04 at 17:21
Regular
"Touched!"
Nope personally I wouldn't bother unless you're a die hard Driver fan, extremely disappointing for me, just swapped it for Full Spectrum Warrior, which looks like a quality title, It's a very average game is Driver 3.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.