GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/06/04 at 20:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Every single sodding time I try to connect to Halo multiplayer, I get "There was an error connecting to the Gamespy Master Server". But when I say "everytime", I actually mean "at random times, and more nay than yay", because it works maybe once in a week, and then never again! I've got Gamespy installed, but it's worked with and without it installed (it runs on Gamespy anyway). I need my fix. Bah.
Sat 26/06/04 at 20:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Every single sodding time I try to connect to Halo multiplayer, I get "There was an error connecting to the Gamespy Master Server". But when I say "everytime", I actually mean "at random times, and more nay than yay", because it works maybe once in a week, and then never again! I've got Gamespy installed, but it's worked with and without it installed (it runs on Gamespy anyway). I need my fix. Bah.
Sat 26/06/04 at 20:44
Regular
Gamespy is crap. Can't you just do it directly through the game?
Sat 26/06/04 at 20:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Read the post again, then kick yourself in the head with your own feet.

Halo multiplayer runs on Gamespy. Well, doesn't run as such...
Sat 26/06/04 at 20:58
Regular
Some games give you options to run using gamespy software (not the seperate program) as well as running through its own software.
Sat 26/06/04 at 22:28
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Why not?
Sat 26/06/04 at 22:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Halo is Gamespy effectively.
Sat 26/06/04 at 23:32
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Could you use a program like The All Seeing Eye to browse servers then launch the game through that?

It *should* work, [URL]http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/download/newer/EyeInstaller.exe[/URL]
You'll just use it as a server browser, then double click the game you want to join and it'll boot up Halo and connect to that game automatically. But that's only if it works with Halo.
I'm not explaining this very well, but give it a try and see what happens.
Mon 28/06/04 at 15:35
Regular
That's a shame. Still, Halo 2 isn't far away.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.