GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-BOX 2 LEAK out again"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/06/04 at 16:07
Regular
"YEA"
I have been told by a source that the X-box 2 has a 3 Ghz processor in it as well as not having the hard drive and it will not be backword campatable (so none of the x-box games will work on it like HALO 2). All the resons i bought a X-BOX will be lost when the new one comes out the hard drive that is the biggest lost and not being backwords compatable makes it even worse if it doesnt get better then i might not get one OH NO.
Tue 29/06/04 at 21:10
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> One die, three processors, all double core. Power PC architecture and
> 3.5+ GHz clock speed.

PPC? Made by IBM?

Interesting fact of the day: PPC chips power Apple Mac's, and most noticably the G5.

It's interesting to note that now IBM are offering the power of the Mac processors onto a Microsoft machine. I wonder what Apple think of this.

> We know there won't be a hard drive, but the likelihood is that there
> will be a flash memory drive instead as that is cheaper.

No Hard drive? What?

I'm not sure if i'd like this idea....
Tue 29/06/04 at 20:16
Regular
Backwards compatability isn't used?

It's one of the main reasons the PS2 still sells so much - the parents come in and buy them because their kids broke their PSOne and want to play their old games as well as newer ones.

And when I worked in Game - people will still asking for Game Boy Original and Color games to play on their GBAs.

Backwards compatability is a big issue nowadays.
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:18
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
in all seriousness, I saw an advert for a 2gb flash card the other day, getting blooming big ain't they :)
Tue 29/06/04 at 17:15
"I love yo... lamp."
One die, three processors, all double core. Power PC architecture and 3.5+ GHz clock speed. They could do software emulation, but research shows that backwards compatibility is just not used by most people. We know there won't be a hard drive, but the likelihood is that there will be a flash memory drive instead as that is cheaper.
Tue 29/06/04 at 16:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The last i heard it was going to have dual 64-bit processors.
Tue 29/06/04 at 16:09
Regular
Poor you. Maybe you can sell your Xbox to pay for some English lessons.
Tue 29/06/04 at 16:07
Regular
"YEA"
I have been told by a source that the X-box 2 has a 3 Ghz processor in it as well as not having the hard drive and it will not be backword campatable (so none of the x-box games will work on it like HALO 2). All the resons i bought a X-BOX will be lost when the new one comes out the hard drive that is the biggest lost and not being backwords compatable makes it even worse if it doesnt get better then i might not get one OH NO.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.