GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spiderman 2 [A Review]"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Spiderman 2'.
Wed 30/06/04 at 17:02
Regular
Grand Theft Auto: Spiderman is apparently, excellent.

[URL]http://xbox.ign.com/articles/527/527076p1.html?fromint=1[/URL]

Click on that for IGN's review of Spidey 2, who shocklingly, gave it 9.0. Only shocking really because decent Superhero games are almost non-existent.

Muh, I can't wait for this now. Wasn't sure whether to get it before reading this, but this pretty much made up my mind...

*orders*
Sat 03/07/04 at 21:36
Regular
My one gripe with the game is that it seems way too easy. I can't find the option to up the difficulty either.
Sat 03/07/04 at 18:00
Regular
Apparently, there's about 30 hours play in it.

Cannae wait to try out the totally new web swinging system. Using two webs at once in order to catapult yourself sounds fun

:D
Sat 03/07/04 at 16:45
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Watched the review on IGN, and, I must say, it did look like a good game. Just roaming around the old Manhattan just sounds cool on its own, but coupled with the missions and stuff, it just seems like a game that I want, but I doubt I'll get. Maybe next year, in the summer drought? Possibly, but I can't see myself spending £30 on a game like this, however great it looks, when Fable and Halo 2 are on their way, and I still have to pick up FSW and Gaiden, as I know that, if I spend money now, I'll end up missing a MAJOR title later down the line.

Ho hum.
Sat 03/07/04 at 15:39
Regular
Just pre-ordered it, I hope it lives ip to expectations, I couldn't resist though after watching some footage of a mission in full. I am sure it will have a life span of some kind in the way that you can carry on once you have finished, I just hope it is a lot longer than the first.
Sat 03/07/04 at 15:23
Regular
Oh, now here's a familiar story. Chances are that those reviews were bought. All popular review sites and magazines have done it before.
Sat 03/07/04 at 15:17
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

> Umm... yes you do. They weren't gonig to gut an already successful
> style. Granted the game is massively flawed and technically shocking.
> For a Driver fan though it is excellent fun to play.

Same with most games in a genre that you really like if you ask me.
Fri 02/07/04 at 21:17
Regular
Auf deutsch wrote:
> No, this is the first time I've played a Driver game, but I shouldn't
> have had to play the first two to be able to enjoy it.

Umm... yes you do. They weren't gonig to gut an already successful style. Granted the game is massively flawed and technically shocking. For a Driver fan though it is excellent fun to play.
Fri 02/07/04 at 21:16
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Any game with Spider-man in it is worth 90% for just that reason.

Heh, that's the attitude that's allowed EA to have some shoddy bond games.
Fri 02/07/04 at 21:07
Regular
No, this is the first time I've played a Driver game, but I shouldn't have had to play the first two to be able to enjoy it.

The shooting is rubbish, the driving is ok, the graphics are dodgy but the pop-up is awful, and it just seems very unfinished. And it all seems very scipted. Overall a bit rubbish.
Fri 02/07/04 at 20:48
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Auf deutsch wrote:
> Also, I'm renting Driv3r at the moment. I seriously haven't played
> such a crap game in a very long time. Really awful in my opinion.

Initially I was singing its praises, but after just two weeks I'm pretty much bored of it. I just have a quick mess around in free-roam mode now, but yeh, it's a bit of a let down, a lot of it seems rushed and unfinished.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.