GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Call Of Duty 2 PC"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call of Duty 2'.
Sat 30/12/06 at 22:33
Regular
Despite being a complete rip-off of Enemy at the Gates, the first Call Of Duty was impeccable. The game filled me with the same fake patriotic pride for mother Russia as the film did: I fought for every inch of the motherland with unbridled passion and hatred for the Nazi war machine.Indeed, much fun was had by all.
More of the same then, one would presume, in Call Of Duty 2. Wrong. The jaw-dropping set pieces are hard to come by, possibly due to the lack of a second film to draw inspiration from. The game recycles old tricks and becomes almost monotonous. One could argue these are the realities of war, but I dont want to fight a real war: I want the cinematic set pieces from the first game. I want a greater variety of scenarios. Im just left wanting more.
Further frustration can be found with your AI buddies. While being great companions, they tend to make 'boo boos' quite frequently. By 'boo boos' I mean running behind cover on the wrong side, throwing a grenade at a wall and then ducking on it, as well as warning you of machinegun emplacements just before they run into them. Call Of Duty 2 should have been much more, yet its still a fantastic game. World War II fans will undoubtedly find their fix here.

89%
Mon 01/01/07 at 12:05
Regular
"I may return"
Machie wrote:
> if anything you should be doing more yourself Sunny, you've become
> lazy like the rest of us.

If I stuck to my original plan, I would have left this place and never come back on my 21st day and then again on my 42nd day...
Sun 31/12/06 at 11:11
Regular
Sunflower wrote:
> Dude, calm down on the GAD attempts :|

Yeh :-D I can do what I like thanks.
Sat 30/12/06 at 23:04
Regular
Sunflower wrote:
> Dude, calm down on the GAD attempts :|

It's okay Sunny, he can do as many as he wants =) if anything you should be doing more yourself Sunny, you've become lazy like the rest of us. Winning a GAD used to be really important to us in the past.
Sat 30/12/06 at 22:52
Regular
"I may return"
Dude, calm down on the GAD attempts :|
Sat 30/12/06 at 22:33
Regular
Despite being a complete rip-off of Enemy at the Gates, the first Call Of Duty was impeccable. The game filled me with the same fake patriotic pride for mother Russia as the film did: I fought for every inch of the motherland with unbridled passion and hatred for the Nazi war machine.Indeed, much fun was had by all.
More of the same then, one would presume, in Call Of Duty 2. Wrong. The jaw-dropping set pieces are hard to come by, possibly due to the lack of a second film to draw inspiration from. The game recycles old tricks and becomes almost monotonous. One could argue these are the realities of war, but I dont want to fight a real war: I want the cinematic set pieces from the first game. I want a greater variety of scenarios. Im just left wanting more.
Further frustration can be found with your AI buddies. While being great companions, they tend to make 'boo boos' quite frequently. By 'boo boos' I mean running behind cover on the wrong side, throwing a grenade at a wall and then ducking on it, as well as warning you of machinegun emplacements just before they run into them. Call Of Duty 2 should have been much more, yet its still a fantastic game. World War II fans will undoubtedly find their fix here.

89%

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.