GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 3'.
Wed 30/06/04 at 21:13
Regular
"Jackpot!"
I can't wait for this to come out. There are about six trailers out for it at the moment and they involve ramps, crashes and of course the new take down option.
Thu 01/07/04 at 23:09
Regular
"Jackpot!"
I got stuck on burnout 2 and I think the latest car that I have unlocked is the cadillac.
Thu 01/07/04 at 22:22
Regular
"Insert Gently"
I really enjoyed Burnout 2 but didn't like that it was so short.
Hope the new one has lots of features and re-playability value but it sounds good already
Thu 01/07/04 at 22:13
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Yea Burnout 3 does look very good, my kinda game.
Thu 01/07/04 at 19:02
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea I know but what I said was you confirmed what I said because I said maybe they don't continue in the race but you said they do.

I suppose this sets them back a couple of seconds.
Thu 01/07/04 at 18:49
Regular
You said that they're not able to continue the race, but they are.

Anyhoo, let's all look forward to this and the two new Burnout games announced - Burnout 4 & Burnout PSP :D
Thu 01/07/04 at 15:53
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Yea that's basically what I said except the way you have explained it is by confirming what I said might happen with it.
Thu 01/07/04 at 08:19
Regular
From what I played, the take-down feature is as follows:

If you successfully ram an opponent into a wall/vehicle/other object, you'll cause them to crash out. The action then slows riiiiiight down and the camera switches to the car you just took out, watching it get wrecked, a-lá Crash mode. once enough action has been seen, the camera switches back to you and the action speeds back up, allowing you to continue with your newly earned bonus points/boost.

The cars are still in the race though, just that they lose a lot of time.

Oh, and the AI don't have god-like cars anymore - in that you can be boosting far ahead, switch to rear view and see an opponent right behind you. If you leave them behind, they have to work at catching you up rather than having a seemingly infinite and superior boost.
Wed 30/06/04 at 23:55
Regular
"Jackpot!"
No I know the others have boosts in but I would have just said boosts if that was the case, but I am talking about a turbo boost.

Anyway the takedown feature is that every other car that you are racing against can be taken down e.g. you knock them into a wall or a car etc and it looks like you get points for it. Hopefully this means every car that you takedown will not be able to continue in the race but it just means that you would have to be good enough to take out every car.
Wed 30/06/04 at 23:10
"period drama"
Someone explain this take-down / take-out thingy.
Wed 30/06/04 at 23:09
"period drama"
dante son of sparda wrote:
> It looks like you can go much faster in this one and it has a turbo
> boost I think, well that's what it looks like.

Both the other ones had turbo boosts in them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.