GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Farcry Technical Help"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/06/04 at 21:53
Regular
"the burning sky"
Right my bro recently bought Farcry for the PC, and his machine is well above the minimum settings, and the autodetect tells him that it is capable of running at 'medium' whatever that is. Problem is tho, when he starts to play the game, it runs fine at first, but when you come to the camera phone bit, after the video clip thingy the game runs really really slow for some reason. Just wondering if any ideas of what we could do, either in the Menus or in the form of a patch or something... we've tried to mess with the settings but it doesnt make much of a difference and still stalls at the same place. Any recommendations are appreciated...
Sun 18/07/04 at 16:48
Regular
"Unretired"
Would help if you posted the specifications of your computer.
Fri 09/07/04 at 19:02
Regular
i have similar problems on all graphics settings for the game and i have the following monster of a machine

3.2GHZ amd64
expensive mainboard (latest chipsets and everything)
1ghz fast ddr ram
9800pro gfx card
6.1 on board audio codec

in short, far cry is a bad game to run on all systems
Sun 04/07/04 at 15:16
Regular
"the burning sky"
Yeah, it runs fine for the majority, but it just seems to slow down on major events, like helicopters etc, but saying that, some times it runs fine when there's a helicopter...
Sat 03/07/04 at 17:04
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Yeah, I had this problem too. It happens only at certain points in the game. But sometimes you play the same bit again and it's fine.

I think you just have to put up with it.
Thu 01/07/04 at 12:56
Regular
"the burning sky"
Well we have mangaged to get past that part, but the game still seems to suffer from random slowdown at certain points. Most of the time the game runs fine, but every so often it seems to load, and makes the following gameplay very slow... any ideas? Perhaps its time for a RAM upgrade...
Wed 30/06/04 at 21:53
Regular
"the burning sky"
Right my bro recently bought Farcry for the PC, and his machine is well above the minimum settings, and the autodetect tells him that it is capable of running at 'medium' whatever that is. Problem is tho, when he starts to play the game, it runs fine at first, but when you come to the camera phone bit, after the video clip thingy the game runs really really slow for some reason. Just wondering if any ideas of what we could do, either in the Menus or in the form of a patch or something... we've tried to mess with the settings but it doesnt make much of a difference and still stalls at the same place. Any recommendations are appreciated...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.