GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/07/04 at 15:02
Regular
"meet your maker"
Please tell me that i am not the only one that still likes ff no one else on my street likes it any more they just gave up on it and think it is rubbish PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! reply if you like it.
Tue 20/07/04 at 17:41
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
They're in it for less than 1% of the game nd are thus not main.
Tue 20/07/04 at 15:20
Regular
"meet your maker"
It leaves Irvine,Rajin,Laguna,Ward,and i can't remember the names of the other two
Sun 11/07/04 at 22:17
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Too true. I dislike military-style games, and I hate almost all of the characters. Let's see, Zell, Seifer, Squall, Sorceress, Quistis, Selphie. Who does that leave other than Rinoa?

I stopped liking Disney at the age of 7. Grow up and develop some taste.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:23
"period drama"
Deathskitten wrote:
> FF7 kinda bored me, FF8 had great characters that you actually cared
> what happened to them.

It's the other way around.
Sun 11/07/04 at 13:58
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
witch-king wrote:
> How can you like Kingdom Hearts? C'est tres poor, and the story is
> worse than THUG's. Real time battles need to be well done, and they
> don't mix with RPGs, not to mention the crappy FF voices.
>
> As to your FF8 lovin', people aren't just stupid, they want a game
> that's easy to play, and easy to understand. This is the main reason
> FF7 is so much better, and also FF7 has the best story of any Square
> game.

FF7 kinda bored me, FF8 had great characters that you actually cared what happened to them. KHs is great! The story was fun and it was great seeing disney and FF characters together.
Fri 09/07/04 at 12:39
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
How can you like Kingdom Hearts? C'est tres poor, and the story is worse than THUG's. Real time battles need to be well done, and they don't mix with RPGs, not to mention the crappy FF voices.

As to your FF8 lovin', people aren't just stupid, they want a game that's easy to play, and easy to understand. This is the main reason FF7 is so much better, and also FF7 has the best story of any Square game.
Fri 09/07/04 at 12:31
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
8 wasn't too complicated, it's just people are too stupid.

As for Kingdom Hearts, it rocked! I'm not a fan of real time battles but they turned out really well, can't wait for sequel!

I don't see why people are complaining so much, X and X-2 weren't *that* bad, I liked the more modern, 'colourful' approach and (more in FFX-2) the different style (in terms of music and characters, even if plot was a little lame). The Sphere Grid also made things a little more interesting, and allowed for more extravagant bosses because you could reach such high stats (like Penance / Dark Aeons).

Personally, I don't see the hype about 7. It's a great game, but 8 struck more of a chord with me. Same with 4,5 and 6. They are all really good games, but I guess I'd already experienced the graphically better FF's (7,8,9 and onward) and going backwards seemed that the games were actually worse.

However, I would think different if I'd played the earlier ones first (probably).

My order of pref : 8,7,9,10,6,10-2 (though it's pretty close between most of them).
Fri 09/07/04 at 00:13
Regular
"what were u thinkin"
despite this not being as ps1/ps2 game, ffcc on gc differs from most ff's, as you only gather more and more artefacts, which takes away the final fantasy feel. but i still like it and most other ff games.

dakarus joe, bullett, finalfantasyfanatic and more in this thread think:
It all went downhill after 7.

i hated 7, just everything about it.
Sun 04/07/04 at 10:32
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
i thought 8 was ok, 9 sucked, 10 was okish, and X2 was the worst game of all time and the people who made it should be made to play it continuosly for the rest of their lives. Kingdom hearts was good but too easy.
Sat 03/07/04 at 23:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Was average up until 4, then it kept going up hill until 8, which was terrible. Got slightly better with 9 then went back downhill terribly with FFX and it's sequel IMO

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.