GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Richard Burns Rally PC"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Richard Burns Rally'.
Sat 30/12/06 at 22:02
Regular
Having bought RBR for a special price of 4 pounds, I decided to see if it deserved being at a high number in the 100 best PC games. Sadly it didnt. Anyway, lets review this like a meal. For starters there is an absurdly hard tutorial which you have to complete if you want to do the season. You also need to complete the tutorial to unlock new tracks. Now for the main course, the races; now that I think about it, this is the most frustrating game EVER, especially if you are using the keyboard controls! Hitting a fence at 100mph doesnt destroy it, it makes you stop and more often than not, you just spin around. The same thing happens when you hit a tree or sign. If you think the game has a brilliant physics engine, your wrong. The races do get easier the more you play them, and if you go slowly and dont crash you can still do pretty well (even with a keyboard). And finally, we get to the dessert, a season which is around 40 races put together with a basic points system and quite good damage system (which new players should turn off) thrown in. Next time I eat, I think I'll pick Need For Speed.

60%
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 30/12/06 at 22:02
Regular
Having bought RBR for a special price of 4 pounds, I decided to see if it deserved being at a high number in the 100 best PC games. Sadly it didnt. Anyway, lets review this like a meal. For starters there is an absurdly hard tutorial which you have to complete if you want to do the season. You also need to complete the tutorial to unlock new tracks. Now for the main course, the races; now that I think about it, this is the most frustrating game EVER, especially if you are using the keyboard controls! Hitting a fence at 100mph doesnt destroy it, it makes you stop and more often than not, you just spin around. The same thing happens when you hit a tree or sign. If you think the game has a brilliant physics engine, your wrong. The races do get easier the more you play them, and if you go slowly and dont crash you can still do pretty well (even with a keyboard). And finally, we get to the dessert, a season which is around 40 races put together with a basic points system and quite good damage system (which new players should turn off) thrown in. Next time I eat, I think I'll pick Need For Speed.

60%

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.