GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX LIVE"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/07/04 at 16:40
Regular
"hulagadoo"
can u pay the subscription fee with a switch carrd or does it have to b a credit card?
Thu 29/07/04 at 10:34
Regular
"BOSE"
*IMPORTANT QUESTION*

i understand you need "Ebuyer RJ45 Cat 5e Patch Cable Yellow 2MTR" from router - xbox & pc - router. but my question is, my xbox is in my room, and these cables are a 2m max length. can you connect 2 cables together to reach where you need?

thank you
Thu 29/07/04 at 10:26
Regular
If you need to replace the headset which is highly likely then you'd buy the seperate one. At first Microsoft didn't have the option of buying the headsets seperatly so had to give them away free to anyone who broke theirs.

Can't believe they expect people to pay more than £5 for those cheap pieces of skanky plastic crap. They must cost about £1 maximum to mass produce.
Thu 29/07/04 at 10:19
Regular
"BOSE"
don't make sense :-S

buy a starter kit which comes with a headset...then buy a headset and what? hang it on the ceiling? :-S :-D
Thu 29/07/04 at 09:35
Regular
Yes, but you can also buy them separate - as you can see :)
Thu 29/07/04 at 09:33
Regular
"BOSE"
you do get a communicator headset with the £35-40 package don't you? just wondered, cos i'm looking on sites and there's the started kit, and they also have a headset for £17 ???
Wed 28/07/04 at 11:38
Regular
"BOSE"
thank you very much for your help guys! :-)
as you mentioned in FAQs, i have to buy a couple of things, so i might wait a while because it's my brother's birthday August 12th and i'm spending like £50 on him, then it's my sister's birthday and gotta buy her some stuff :-|

does seem a little complicated to set up, but i'm sure i'll sort it our with...only a little stress and anger management ;-)
Wed 28/07/04 at 08:51
Regular
Daveus wrote:
> is it easy to set up?

Yes, incredibly easy.

> do i have to pay monthly/how long i use it for/or just £40 for
> 12 months subscription?

Your first year will already have been paid for with your Starter Kit. If you had a 2 Month free trial, you'll start paying Monthly after that, at a stupid rate. Annual is the best option, but it doesn't necessarily need to be £40 each time - just get a £30 Starter kit (again) and put the code in from the dashboard to extend the subscription.

> can they use the interent while i'm using live?

Yes, although you may experience lag depending on what you're doing. Oh, you can't use the net if the Xbox is going directly into the modem without a router.

> would i have a looooong internet cable going from the PC to my
> bedroom?

If the modem/router is located near the PC, then yes. You can go for the wireless option, but it can be a tad expensive and not worth it in some cases.

> does the computer have to be running while i'm using it?

If you're using a router/direct connection to modem, no. If you're using ICS (where the Xbox connects to the PC and share the PC's net connection, then yes, it does.

> there's one other thing i just can't remember what it was. anything
> else i need to know?

Yes, [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=104857&forumid=130[/URL] for the definitive FAQ for Xbox Live.

Thanks to Notorious Biggles for knocking it up :)
Wed 28/07/04 at 08:40
Regular
"BOSE"
I'm thinking about getting Xbox Live..

is it easy to set up?
do i have to pay monthly/how long i use it for/or just £40 for 12 months subscription?
can they use the interent while i'm using live?
would i have a looooong internet cable going from the PC to my bedroom?
does the computer have to be running while i'm using it?
there's one other thing i just can't remember what it was. anything else i need to know?

thank you!
Thu 01/07/04 at 20:56
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Stridman wrote:
> Credit.

or Debit.
Thu 01/07/04 at 16:56
Regular
": ("
Credit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.