GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl'.
Thu 01/07/04 at 21:23
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really looking forward to this. The graphics look impressive enough, but I really like the sound of running around a slightly over the top post explosion Chernobyl, scavenging, looting, hunting down opposition and taking on nuclear mutants. Only a few months wait; this looks like a very playable concept .
Tue 26/04/11 at 14:55
Regular
"trick shooting rulz"
this game is epic some should make a thread for call of pripyat
Fri 02/07/04 at 19:00
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
cipro wrote:
> This has the potential to be an excellent game that could very well
> give HL2 a run for it's money, but it could also be a tremendous
> flop. I hope it's not the latter though.

I certainly hope not, becuase I'll end up wasting a Gameaday win or £30. The gameplay will be important, but graphics and concept count for a lot as well. If it is a flop, I will be incredibly disappointed. All I can say is this: Thank God I didn't get Driv3r.
Fri 02/07/04 at 12:54
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I was going to preorder this back with UT2004 (19th feb) but i decided the wait would kill me, anyway, it does look very nice indeed however there were reported bugs in the enemy AI which made them a bit dumber than they were reported to be.

Fingers crossed.
Fri 02/07/04 at 11:59
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
cipro wrote:
> This has the potential to be an excellent game that could very well
> give HL2 a run for it's money, but it could also be a tremendous
> flop. I hope it's not the latter though.

Very true. It does look very promising, but that all-important gameplay must be up to scratch, otherwise we'll just end up with a glorified technical demo.
The actual premise and setting look great, the haunting surroundings of the old Chernobyl look really well realised, and I just hope it's a good game when it finally arrives.
Fri 02/07/04 at 11:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Der Nazi wrote:
> I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really looking forward to
> this.

It's a game I've been looking forward too for a long time, it's got a lot of promises to fulfil but if it gets even half of them spot then we're for a very special game indeed.

It should be worth pointing out to those who haven't heard of it before that it isn't a typical shoot em up and certainly shouldn't be compared to games like Half Life 2. It's more of an RPG offering up over 50 hours of game-play, a massive world to explore at your own free will and a story line that changes depending on certain actions you take during the course of the game.

This has the potential to be an excellent game that could very well give HL2 a run for it's money, but it could also be a tremendous flop. I hope it's not the latter though.
Thu 01/07/04 at 21:23
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really looking forward to this. The graphics look impressive enough, but I really like the sound of running around a slightly over the top post explosion Chernobyl, scavenging, looting, hunting down opposition and taking on nuclear mutants. Only a few months wait; this looks like a very playable concept .

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.