GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Retro Gaming"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/07/04 at 23:07
Regular
With all the Retro Gaming consoles/Handsets being advertised at the moment, with prices ranging from about £20 up to over £50, wouldn't it make sense for someone to release a compilation of retro games for a modern console like the XBox. It would save finding a home for all that new hardware. I enjoy alot of the high spec games for the XBox, but sometimes it's just nice to induldge in a bit of mindless retro gaming.
Thu 01/07/04 at 23:07
Regular
With all the Retro Gaming consoles/Handsets being advertised at the moment, with prices ranging from about £20 up to over £50, wouldn't it make sense for someone to release a compilation of retro games for a modern console like the XBox. It would save finding a home for all that new hardware. I enjoy alot of the high spec games for the XBox, but sometimes it's just nice to induldge in a bit of mindless retro gaming.
Fri 02/07/04 at 01:35
"I love yo... lamp."
Well.. there has been some actually. Midway released an Arcade Classics thing. But whilst people do like retro games, very few are prepared to spend proper money on them. If I go into a shop with £40 for a game I'm far more likely to pick up Splinter Cell than Arcade Classics aren't I?

That is why you don't get more bundles.
Fri 02/07/04 at 01:50
Regular
Also, MS are planning on a service for online customers, called Live Arcade. The purpose is to supply retro and comparatively simple games at a low cost, on a try before you buy basis.
Fri 02/07/04 at 07:29
Regular
I bought Midway Arcade Treasures - it was £20. Probably not worth it, but fun nonetheless.
Fri 02/07/04 at 11:37
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
GP32 springs to mind ....
Fri 02/07/04 at 13:44
Regular
They don't sell. I know it is a bad example to give but the Dreamcast had literally hundreds of games in retro packages that just didn't shift. That could be down to the fact that the console itself but I don't believe there is a market for it on next generation consoles. It is what I bought my GBA for to be honest which is where I want them to stay.
Fri 02/07/04 at 16:21
Regular
ßulle†† wrote:
> I bought Midway Arcade Treasures - it was £20. Probably not
> worth it, but fun nonetheless.

The original r.r.p. was £14.99
Fri 02/07/04 at 16:24
Regular
D'oh, yeah. I meant I got it on 2 for £20 with TOCA 1 :D
Fri 02/07/04 at 18:18
Regular
"Optical"
talkin of dremcasts i got mine out hte other night and i forgot how good it was in its time! even now its still better then the PS2
Mon 05/07/04 at 17:11
Regular
"object"
midway arcade treasures on pc dosent even bother to list how powerfull your pc needs to be to play it, and instead of releasing it on ps2 it should of been realesed on ps1.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.