GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Our first burglars - a short, but true story"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/12/06 at 20:54
Regular
I lay in bed staring at the pale blue walls of my bedroom. The shadows of the moon danced along these walls giving me something to watch before my eyes became to heavy and automatically shut. The thought of school the next day, easily sped up the process of falling to sleep. My eyes eventually beginning to shut were interrupted by a bright light outside my bedroom window. I ignored the light as the majority of the time it is the cats which have set it off. Not bothering to take a glimpse out of my bedroom window, I lay my head on the pillow and slowly drifted into a beautiful dream.
However half way through this dream I was disturbed by the ringing sound of our alarm downstairs. I twisted my head to see dad (IN HIS UNDERPANTS!) sprinting around the corner and downstairs. I quickly followed him. Whilst running down the stairs I attempted to put my dressing gown on but all I could hear was my mother shouting from upstairs,
"Nick, come back here right now!" I pretended I couldnt hear her and tried to block out the noise she generated. I continued running through the hall way and into the living room.
I saw my dad kneeling on the floor with something in his hands. I squinted my eyes and focused on what he was holdin. It was until then that I realised he was clutching huge shards of glass in both hands. It was easy to see that the window had been somehow prized open. I twisted the light switch, not so the room was fully lit but just so we had a small glow of light, enough to see the room and work with. I peared around the room whith the noise of my fathers panting breaths. It was then that I saw the brown coloured staing on the carpet. The colour of mud...and in the shape of shoe prints.
It was now when my adrenalin began pumping around my body. The shear horror of the thought that someone else had been in my house. A total stranger, but what really topped it was the way they went. I followed the footprints from the living room and into the hall way and then up to the first few steps. UP TO THE FIRST FEW STEPS!
"Oh my goodness" I remember saying to my self. Not only had they managed to get inside our home but the way these steps went really made matters worse. What if we hadnt got an alarm. Where would we be now? What would of happened? Would I even be writing this story right now? I ran back into the living room to comunicate with my father. He told me everything was under control and told me to run back to bed. I did this and within a matter of minutes I was back into the same dream.
The alarm clock struck nine AM. I walked downstairs to be greeted by the police. They had people scraping samples of the mood into plastic bags, others collecting samples of glass and some were searching for fingerprints on the window ledges where they had climbed in from. I walked into the kitchen to find strips of paper with black marks on layed across the table. I was seated by an officer and asked for permission to take my fingerprints. Thisw whole experience was so terrbile. So frightening. So dramatic. It wasnt long until the police had disappeared. So my day carried on as usual. I went to call for my friend to see if he wanted to play and partly because I was excited to tell all my friends about my experience. We came home and went round the side of the house, to the Wendy House. I was horrified. All its contents were gone. Everything. I ran inside to tell my parents but whilst on my way, some items caught my eye in the bushes. We located all the missing objects and returned them to the Wendy House.
I feel a slight guilt still upon my shoulders. What if I had gone to take a glimpse out of my bedroom window. What if I had spotted these people, what would I have done? I am just so greatful that whoever were inside our house, was interrupted by our burglar alarm.

Thanks for reading...
Sat 30/12/06 at 20:57
Regular
Sorry for the few spelling mistakes. This story was slightly rushed!
Sat 30/12/06 at 20:54
Regular
I lay in bed staring at the pale blue walls of my bedroom. The shadows of the moon danced along these walls giving me something to watch before my eyes became to heavy and automatically shut. The thought of school the next day, easily sped up the process of falling to sleep. My eyes eventually beginning to shut were interrupted by a bright light outside my bedroom window. I ignored the light as the majority of the time it is the cats which have set it off. Not bothering to take a glimpse out of my bedroom window, I lay my head on the pillow and slowly drifted into a beautiful dream.
However half way through this dream I was disturbed by the ringing sound of our alarm downstairs. I twisted my head to see dad (IN HIS UNDERPANTS!) sprinting around the corner and downstairs. I quickly followed him. Whilst running down the stairs I attempted to put my dressing gown on but all I could hear was my mother shouting from upstairs,
"Nick, come back here right now!" I pretended I couldnt hear her and tried to block out the noise she generated. I continued running through the hall way and into the living room.
I saw my dad kneeling on the floor with something in his hands. I squinted my eyes and focused on what he was holdin. It was until then that I realised he was clutching huge shards of glass in both hands. It was easy to see that the window had been somehow prized open. I twisted the light switch, not so the room was fully lit but just so we had a small glow of light, enough to see the room and work with. I peared around the room whith the noise of my fathers panting breaths. It was then that I saw the brown coloured staing on the carpet. The colour of mud...and in the shape of shoe prints.
It was now when my adrenalin began pumping around my body. The shear horror of the thought that someone else had been in my house. A total stranger, but what really topped it was the way they went. I followed the footprints from the living room and into the hall way and then up to the first few steps. UP TO THE FIRST FEW STEPS!
"Oh my goodness" I remember saying to my self. Not only had they managed to get inside our home but the way these steps went really made matters worse. What if we hadnt got an alarm. Where would we be now? What would of happened? Would I even be writing this story right now? I ran back into the living room to comunicate with my father. He told me everything was under control and told me to run back to bed. I did this and within a matter of minutes I was back into the same dream.
The alarm clock struck nine AM. I walked downstairs to be greeted by the police. They had people scraping samples of the mood into plastic bags, others collecting samples of glass and some were searching for fingerprints on the window ledges where they had climbed in from. I walked into the kitchen to find strips of paper with black marks on layed across the table. I was seated by an officer and asked for permission to take my fingerprints. Thisw whole experience was so terrbile. So frightening. So dramatic. It wasnt long until the police had disappeared. So my day carried on as usual. I went to call for my friend to see if he wanted to play and partly because I was excited to tell all my friends about my experience. We came home and went round the side of the house, to the Wendy House. I was horrified. All its contents were gone. Everything. I ran inside to tell my parents but whilst on my way, some items caught my eye in the bushes. We located all the missing objects and returned them to the Wendy House.
I feel a slight guilt still upon my shoulders. What if I had gone to take a glimpse out of my bedroom window. What if I had spotted these people, what would I have done? I am just so greatful that whoever were inside our house, was interrupted by our burglar alarm.

Thanks for reading...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.