GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh, how I long for the Kong..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/07/04 at 19:21
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Donkey Konga, so, I really am desperate to get my hands on, or slapping away at, this game. I was initially going to get it for my PAL console, but a change of heart means I might get it on both, due to wanting two sets of drums anyway, and being desperate old me. Therefore, I have a couple of questions if anyone here happens to know the answers to them...

1. I assume this is right, but a US pair of bongos will also work with a PAL console, right? And the other way round too? Yeah?

2. Has anyone got any exact release dates for both areas, both the US and the UK? I've heard August and September/October but I'm just checking?

Cheers, my fellow bongo-ers.
Thu 08/07/04 at 11:24
Regular
Yes, because magazines rarely put a foot wrong do they? ;-)

I'll believe it when I experience it. Drumming through horribly crappy songs for ages will surely get boring, even if it does have Donkey Kong in it.
Thu 08/07/04 at 09:55
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Jungle Beat looks brilliant. Odama - simply strange. Donkey Konga
> though... I can't help but feel it'll get boring after about 2 songs.

Not according to NGC and other importer publications.
Mon 05/07/04 at 17:57
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Sounds...

Shigeru.
Mon 05/07/04 at 17:35
Regular
Pinball. Military. Ridiculous.

That pretty much describes Odama.
Mon 05/07/04 at 17:22
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I feel I need to know more about this Odama.

Tell, tell...
Mon 05/07/04 at 17:04
Regular
Jungle Beat looks brilliant. Odama - simply strange. Donkey Konga though... I can't help but feel it'll get boring after about 2 songs.
Mon 05/07/04 at 17:02
Regular
Rickoss!!!!! Donkey Konga looks and even smells fantastic. So much addictive bongoing!

Jungle Beat looks cool but that's not a rythem based game.

Odama also uses the Bongo prephiral!
Mon 05/07/04 at 16:09
Regular
Donkey Konga will suck. Jungle Beat on the other hand...
Sun 04/07/04 at 23:19
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Oh, how I long for the Bong..

..goes.
Sun 04/07/04 at 22:30
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Nooooooooooooo!!

Its not out until the 28th of September, only just over 2 weeks before it comes out here. That smells, I was hoping to be whacking some bongos over the holidays.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.