GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Harvest Moon, heh..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Harvest Moon'.
Tue 06/07/04 at 16:45
Regular
": ("
...I know, we have had loads of HM topics but this one is for UNITEDLEGENDS so that he knows what I think about the game.

I've had the game for a week now and I must admit that i've been slightly put off because of all the people telling me how slow, crap and repetitive it is.

I tried to ignore it but once somebody has told you how bad it is, you start to see the bad parts about it. Here are the things that dissapointed me most about HM :

1) Everything seems to go very slow (eg. When opening doors, pressing start etc).

2) Your Farm isn't very big and I expected alot more places to go.

3) The Dialog must have been rushed because it is awful.

4) You basically control your farm for a year until something BIG happens, and not even that is very BIG. Some people get older, one person dies and a few more little things happen.

When Im not thinking about the bad things about HM i'm enjoying the good ones, and here they are :

1) There quite alot of growing to do which keeps you occupied.

2) Breeding cows, chickens, sheep, bulls and ducks is very fun and interesting IMO.

3) It's about Farming which sounds boring but it really suprises you when you realise how much fun things you can do.

4) Its fun choosing a wife, raising kids, making friends, finding good fishing spots, selling your items, digging for fossils, ores etc.

Its the best Gamecube game I have at the moment, I've started to play it less and less because last week I played it too much and its put me off a bit. I only play it for about 1 hour a day, and I think you should do the same - Otherwise you'll get bored with it quickly.

Right, now two questions for you :

1) Will the Harvest Moon game on the PS2 be like 'A Wonderful Life' or will it be different?

2) Can you tell me what you think overall about the game?

Cheers.
Fri 09/07/04 at 23:09
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> Mario Story 2. Mario Tennis. Wario Ware.The new Cube Eyetoy thingy!?

Mario Story and the "Cube Eyetoy" doesn't exist and Mario Tennis will be average at best.
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:16
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Lou Role wrote:
> If it's still pretty samey I doubt I'll be keeping hold of Harvest
> Moon much longer.

I just traded Harvest Moon today for something that's a little more exciting (Spider-Man 2) and I traded in a few other games and also got Rally Sport Challenge 2, Rainbow 6 3 (again) and NFSU (also again).
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:03
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Mav wrote:
> In my experience, Zelda games have always been captivating and
> engrossing from the start, but never frustrating. And this one looks
> to be based around a full-scale war. I doubt your patience will be
> tried once.

Yea I didn't mean that I would find it frustrating, I just mean that I can't be bothered spending the massive amount of time with it that will undoubtedly be required.
Thu 08/07/04 at 22:37
Regular
Lou Role wrote:
> Not forgotten about Zelda, but I don't know if I have the patience
> for huge RPG's now.

In my experience, Zelda games have always been captivating and engrossing from the start, but never frustrating. And this one looks to be based around a full-scale war. I doubt your patience will be tried once.
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:12
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
The thing is, I have a car now so I can't buy as many games as I used to, so I have to be a little more picky.

;)
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:10
Regular
": ("
tphi wrote:
> Mav wrote:
> Lou Role - have you forgotten Zelda and Metroid Prime 2?
>
> And Tales of Symphonia. Donkey Konga. Pikmin 2. Paper Mario.[B]Mario Story 2. Mario Tennis. Wario Ware.The new Cube Eyetoy thingy!?
Thu 08/07/04 at 20:30
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I also restarted Harvest Moon today. I had pretty much bought everything I could and the game was becoming incredibly boring. How on earth it's supposed to last you 100 hours I don't know. But as I said, I started it again and I'll just try a few things differently, but if it's still pretty samey I doubt I'll be keeping hold of this game much longer.
Thu 08/07/04 at 20:22
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Mav wrote:

Not forgotten about Zelda, but I don't know if I have the patience for huge RPG's now. I'll see how I feel about it at the time. As for MP2, well I hated the first one so that's pretty much a no no.
Thu 08/07/04 at 00:38
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Mav wrote:

And Tales of Symphonia. Donkey Konga. Pikmin 2. Paper Mario.
Wed 07/07/04 at 23:28
Regular
Got Harvest Moon this morning, but won't play it until other things are completed.

Lou Role - have you forgotten Zelda and Metroid Prime 2?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.