GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick Question"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/07/04 at 17:59
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
As there is no memory card does that mean if power is lost so is all the games saved, etc or is the memory built into the system. Sorry for being such a newbie on the computer front.

Kez
Wed 07/07/04 at 17:09
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> The lack of a battery is the reason you have to put in the date and
> time every time you unplug the thing.

Oh how i love my Dreamcast. M$ should of took note.
Wed 07/07/04 at 16:53
"I love yo... lamp."
The lack of a battery is the reason you have to put in the date and time every time you unplug the thing.
Tue 06/07/04 at 19:06
Regular
"\\"
However im presuming if you try and save during a powercut then it will indeed feck up something... But I'm sure the xbox has a small battery to run after a powercut occsurs so you have time to save the game... But you wouldn't be able to see what you were doing as the TV will be off.

Just tried it... And it doesn't... I'm SURE last time we had a powercut and i was on it, it stayed on for at least 10 seconds.
Tue 06/07/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
John Nash wrote:
> The hard drive doesn't need to be powered constantly for it to
> remember the save games you have. It's basically just a huge memory
> card, and you can unplug the Xbox, and play it again 10 years later,
> and it should still have all the stuff you left on it.

Tue 06/07/04 at 18:05
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
Jay Sean wrote:
> Explain...you on about the hard drive

I'm just on about the xbox, if a power cut for instance occurs, a scart lead comes out. Power is then lost, so is the games saved data lost or still there, I'm assuming nothing is lost.
Tue 06/07/04 at 18:04
Regular
"Teal'c"
The hard drive doesn't need to be powered constantly for it to remember the save games you have. It's basically just a huge memory card, and you can unplug the Xbox, and play it again 10 years later, and it should still have all the stuff you left on it.
Tue 06/07/04 at 18:01
Regular
"A.k.a. Anonymous"
Explain...you on about the hard drive
Tue 06/07/04 at 17:59
Regular
"Ex-Newbie"
As there is no memory card does that mean if power is lost so is all the games saved, etc or is the memory built into the system. Sorry for being such a newbie on the computer front.

Kez

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.