GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Great Bargain on Xbox Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/07/04 at 21:39
Regular
I just made a great purchase on 5 Xbox games from price-drop.tv on digital satellite channel 636.

I got a pack of the following 5 games:
The Hobbit
Crash Nitro Kart
Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter
BattleStar Galactica
Judge Dredd Vs Judge Death

for £50 plus postage.

They have more on offer (on and off) over the next few days. check out the website for price-drop.tv or it's sister channel bid-up.tv or digital satellite channels 636 & 647
Sat 10/07/04 at 15:29
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> If he thinks he got a bargain then fair enough, I on the other hand
> would be pi$$ed off if I had paid £20-30 for that lot, never
> mind £50.

Same here. I wasn't even interersted in the Hobbit when Toys R Us did it new in their sale for £9.99 at the start of the year, same for Judge Dread at 4.96 on Amazon, Mace Griffon (blockbuster secondhand for 5.99), Crash (4.99 with any purchase at Game a few months back). As for Battlestar.....wouldn't even pick up the box.

On another note, OPS2 mag had the courage to slate Driv3r, lets hope all the other mags follow. The review they have is funny.
Sat 10/07/04 at 15:19
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Incidently, what was the guide price on the lot?

The guide was £185 - way over the top. I guess they use the new release, RRP for the games.
Sat 10/07/04 at 11:45
Regular
"Optical"
I got the bottom 3 of your list for £30 all new and thought i had a bargin so it looks like you did too
Fri 09/07/04 at 21:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Incidently, what was the guide price on the lot?
Fri 09/07/04 at 20:40
Regular
I fail to see how I am coming over as angry, merely voicing my opinion.

If he thinks he got a bargain then fair enough, I on the other hand would be pi$$ed off if I had paid £20-30 for that lot, never mind £50.
Fri 09/07/04 at 20:08
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> The point is though that this guy's probably new to the site, he came
> on and gave some advice that he thought might help a few of you.

Thankyou for that. Right on both counts
Fri 09/07/04 at 20:07
Regular
> Who's opinion would it be coming from an account that is only
> accessed by me? So I have to put "in my opinion" on the end
> of every sentence just to please those too retarded to read between
> even the most simple of lines.

Of course I can read between the lines, but you are still making the same mistake. Your posts come across as if you think you are the only person whose opinion counts. If I said your favourite game was crap you would argue over that, convinced you were right no matter what I said. You are just doing the same the other way around.

I wasn't saying that I need you to add IMO. I was saying it is your opinion and you speak for yourself only. Everyone has the right to their own opinion whether you agree with it or not. To rubbish someone elses opinion and attempt to vilify them because their opinion doesn't agree with your own, is the action of a person who thinks they can have their own way by shouting loudest, rather than reasoning.

I am not saying these are brilliant games. I am saying that compared to the retail price I got them at a bargain. A bargain good enough that I was prepared to give them a go. I also wanted to let anyone else who was interested, know how to get hold of them. I wasn't asking for a critique of the games. I was offering my help. If no one was interested that is fine by me, but maybe 1 or 2 were
Fri 09/07/04 at 17:00
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> The point is though that this guy's probably new to the site, he came
> on and gave some advice that he thought might help a few of you. You
> didn't like the advice and all proceeded to jump on his thread and
> argue with him as if he's done someting wrong, thus making yourselves
> out to look like a bunch of angry pre-pubescent monkeys.
>
> He's happy with the deal he got, he's happy with the games he got.
> End of story.
Fri 09/07/04 at 16:01
Regular
The point is though that this guy's probably new to the site, he came on and gave some advice that he thought might help a few of you. You didn't like the advice and all proceeded to jump on his thread and argue with him as if he's done someting wrong, thus making yourselves out to look like a bunch of angry pre-pubescent monkeys.

He's happy with the deal he got, he's happy with the games he got. End of story.
Fri 09/07/04 at 15:38
Regular
entilzha wrote:
> Just saying a game is crap is pointless. What you mean is that the
> game is crap in your (or someone elses) opinion.

Who's opinion would it be coming from an account that is only accessed by me? So I have to put "in my opinion" on the end of every sentence just to please those too retarded to read between even the most simple of lines.

I reiterate though...

A crap game is a crap game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.