GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is the Best Star Wars PC game to buy?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/07/04 at 23:10
Regular
"Super Soldier"
Well, three impressive PC games have been added to the selection.

Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

I am wondering what the best is to buy. I am soon going to get a high speed internet connection (256k or faster), so I am wondering what the best is to buy of the three.

Thanks, [email protected]
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I liked the duel lightsabres, would be fun to use them in online matches.
Sat 10/07/04 at 18:09
Regular
"That's right!"
Academy is very good, but stupidly short (I managed to complete it in a couple of days) but there's replay value, since there are different characters/lightsabres and paths to choose.
Sat 10/07/04 at 11:58
Regular
"consoles are cool"
knights of the old republic is the best
Fri 09/07/04 at 15:39
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Academy was better than outcast, IMO, Outast took too long to give
> you your lightsabre, that annoyed me, but with Academy you have it
> right from the start. There were more lightsabre duals too and they
> were great, especially on little walkways over lava. Great fun.

I only got as far as playing a demo of Acedemy but felt it was too similar to Outcast to be worthy of a purchase. I did enjoy the multiplayer of outcast though, lightsabre duels against other players not to mention using force powers to push people when they where jumping in mid air then watch as they plummet to the ground below was very fun.

I expect Acedemy to be the same, though with double sided and duel lightsabres mutiplayer game may be more enjoyable than they where in outcast.
Fri 09/07/04 at 15:36
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Cyclone wrote:
> Cipro, buy KOTOR now.

I've been putting off buying it for a while, mainly because I couldn't spare the time or money, but I've recently just got my shares from work and will be off for two weeks soon so I'll definatly see about finally getting it.
Fri 09/07/04 at 14:47
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
I have an idea get, Jedi Academy AND kotor both have been out for a while now and you can probably get them both cheap on e-bay. I have played and completed both games and I think both are great. KOTOR is great if you want to feel something emotional as you play and Jedi Acedemy is great if you wanna slice people up in real time with a light saber.

p.s. If you get jedi academy download a dismemberment mod.. watching storm trooper heads getting loped off is real treat lol.
Fri 09/07/04 at 02:22
Regular
"of Your Dreams!"
Knights of the Old Republic
Thu 08/07/04 at 22:33
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
cipro wrote:
> Otherwise I'd recommend either of the other two Star Wars games. Not
> played KOTOR myself, but hear enough good reviews to know it should
> be at the top of your list, haven't played Jedi Academy either though
> it doesn't seem to dissimilar to Jedi outcast. A fair single player
> game, though if you want Online Star Wars that should suffice.

Yeah, get KoTOR, you won't regret it. It has a few faults but it is a very good game.
Academy was better than outcast, IMO, Outast took too long to give you your lightsabre, that annoyed me, but with Academy you have it right from the start. There were more lightsabre duals too and they were great, especially on little walkways over lava. Great fun.
Thu 08/07/04 at 22:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Cipro, buy KOTOR now.
Thu 08/07/04 at 16:30
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Galaxies was great a few months ago, I couldn't get enough of it, and then I started to get bored.

The constant updates meant to fix problems actually added to them, getting to the higher trades meant spending hours grinding away at experience points and I don't know who at Sony online thought it was a good idea to have speederbikes and landspeeders take on damage every time you drove them, it's bad enough you have to shell out on expensive user created items, but to constantly spend money repairing your bike was a drain.

It's got good potential, but I wouldn't recommend it right this minute, best wait and see if it gets any better.

Otherwise I'd recommend either of the other two Star Wars games. Not played KOTOR myself, but hear enough good reviews to know it should be at the top of your list, haven't played Jedi Academy either though it doesn't seem to dissimilar to Jedi outcast. A fair single player game, though if you want Online Star Wars that should suffice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.