GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CRAZY TAXI : THE MOVIE!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/07/01 at 18:40
Regular
Yes you read that correctly. The best-selling Dreamcast/PS2 game series Crazy Taxi is to become a blockbuster movie! The famous director Richard Donner (Lethal Weapon, The Omen, Superman) is to direct what he feels is a good idea for an action movie. He reckons that he would be able to replicate the action of the games using special camera techniques. Oooooo.

All that is known about the film is that it will be a Summer Blockbuster of a so far unknown year. Also, it will be set in New York and feature a Russian Taxi driver.

And because it's based on a Sega game, we can rest assured that the film won't be utter sh*te as was Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.
Mon 02/07/01 at 20:36
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> I think that Turbo needs to cool it. He will seize from overheating
> if he does not.

He's just tired of everyone slagging off sony and the PS2 (and I'm with him on this).
Mon 02/07/01 at 20:32
"I love yo... lamp."
I think that Turbo needs to cool it. He will seize from overheating if he does not.
Mon 02/07/01 at 20:02
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Never heard of it. I've seen Taxi Driver though. Now that was a class film.
Mon 02/07/01 at 19:49
Regular
"Back For Good"
Dude

haven't you seen a film called TAXI,well it is crazy taxi in a word.Some guy who works as a pizza delivery boy who is super fast and trysto break his own record every time gets a job as a cab driver and has all sorts of nice gizmo's added to the car.

Taxi 2 is coming to the cinemas in a few weeks,It'll be good.
Mon 02/07/01 at 19:14
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I know. People under 12 who have no idea what it's like to play a good computer game.

Oh no. I better try to calm Turbo down before he responds.
Mon 02/07/01 at 19:12
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
turbonutter wrote:
> That is so prejudiced. For a start, Sony would have had no effect on
> the outcome of the film, and even if EIDOS did, I'm sure they make
> DC game as well.

You are a prejudiced plankton and I don't like
> you.

How the hell is what I wrote prejudice. What has it got to do with Sony? You obviously feel Tomb Raider Movie looks amazing and I suggest you go and see it and find out what it's really like.
Mon 02/07/01 at 19:05
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Im not going to see tomb raider either, it looks awful. The main reason it is a 12 is because most of the people who would want to see it are the people who played the tomb raider games which is probably mostly people under 12.
Mon 02/07/01 at 18:55
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Stop taking everything so seriously Turbo. Does it really matter what he thinks. If you think Tomb Raider looks good then go see it. If you don't then dont go see it. It's the same with Crazy Taxi and Perfect Dark. I won't be going to see Tomb Raider because it looks awful. Okay, so there is a fit girl in it, but it is rated 12!

I probably won't go see Crazy Taxi either but I most likely will see Perfect Dark because I was such a huge fan of the game.
Mon 02/07/01 at 18:48
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
That is so prejudiced. For a start, Sony would have had no effect on the outcome of the film, and even if EIDOS did, I'm sure they make DC game as well.

You are a prejudiced plankton and I don't like you.
Mon 02/07/01 at 18:40
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Yes you read that correctly. The best-selling Dreamcast/PS2 game series Crazy Taxi is to become a blockbuster movie! The famous director Richard Donner (Lethal Weapon, The Omen, Superman) is to direct what he feels is a good idea for an action movie. He reckons that he would be able to replicate the action of the games using special camera techniques. Oooooo.

All that is known about the film is that it will be a Summer Blockbuster of a so far unknown year. Also, it will be set in New York and feature a Russian Taxi driver.

And because it's based on a Sega game, we can rest assured that the film won't be utter sh*te as was Lara Croft: Tomb Raider.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.