GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tales of Symphonia reviews in.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'tales of symphonia'.
Wed 07/07/04 at 23:39
Regular
Yup here they are: [URL]http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/561316.asp[/URL] I can't wait cos the 'cube simply does not have enough RPG's!
Discuss you monkeys.
Fri 09/07/04 at 23:37
"The Will of D."
yeah sounds about right, lost kingdoms 1 had 205, and the sequel had a few hundred more. But over a 1000 makes this a game that has a big variety.
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:20
"period drama"
I just read some more on the Kaitos card-system off a hands-on test - sounds pretty damn decent afterall. Nice and quick, apparently - and there's 1000 cards to collect of make.
Thu 08/07/04 at 23:11
"The Will of D."
it should be completely different from Lost Kingodms as you can even store items in cards and they even have expiry dates on foods stored in cards! There are hundreds of cards ovbiously ranging from blank ones for storage to battling. The graphics and cutscenes look excellent as shown in the trailer, and it should be at least a 12 age rating for the foul language that they had in the trailer.
Thu 08/07/04 at 18:23
"period drama"
Baten Kaitos has me more excited - after seeing the into movie anywho, which is pure class. The only worry i can see is the card-based battle system, but if they do it good, it shouldn't be a problem.
Thu 08/07/04 at 14:43
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Baten Kaitos looks proper stunning.
Thu 08/07/04 at 14:21
"The Will of D."
Tales of symphonia is a single player, but whenever you have an enemy encounter you can employ your friends to help you either fully in control of the character, half in control or you don'thave anyone and let the AI takes it's course. So in this multiplayer is additional. Plus o random battles, just normal enemies on screen either go and attack or stay clear away from them.
I suppose everyone ahs seen the trailers from IGN.com? what about the other vids of the in game footage (Tales now in American footage, baten still japanese)? if you haven't and your still unsure on these games check them out.
Thu 08/07/04 at 11:21
Regular
I didn't realise this was a realtime RPG until I saw IGN's review. WHich has me a little worried because, let's be honest, FF:CC was a little crappy in 1-player.

Their main gripes though; dodgy learning curve, annoying travelling aspects, I've gone through it all before in WInd Waker and still loved that every second I played it. I personally think Baten Kaitos is a little more promising than this because there's always the shallow, button bashing that comes with many realtime RPG's that puts me off.

Of course, I still want it. It's an RPG, on the Cube, therefore a winner.
Thu 08/07/04 at 09:57
Regular
I dunno why but I feel I have to buy this and Baiten Kaitos.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles is class, I should really go back to it one day.
Thu 08/07/04 at 08:03
"The Will of D."
So are all of you people pre-ordering it from USA then?
Thu 08/07/04 at 00:54
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I really want this game, for reasons I'm uncertain of, as I tend to hate RPGs on a massive scale after the first 20 hours of play, and, soon after, they get shipped off, a la Knights of the Old Republic and Skies of Arcadia: Legends.

The best thing to come from SOA:L was WS and his Fina waze, for me.

But, overall, RPG on any console wise, Fable looks the mostt promising for me. And rightly so after the ampount of time it's been in production.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.