GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess [Spoiler Free] (GC)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess'.
Fri 29/12/06 at 18:47
Regular
""none""
The Legend of Zelda - The Twilight Princess (Gamecube) [SPOILER FREE]

Zelda is an RPG Action Adventure game. It’s your typical good vs evil game, but with a few amazing twists. Every Zelda game is based in the same worlds but, large time gaps in between them. This game takes place decades after Ocarina of Time and some time after Wind Waker. It raises some similarity to Ocarina of Time.

Link arises from his horse back, back to save the Princess Zelda and The Twilight realm from evil. Not much more can be commented on this, without ruining the whole game experience.

Expect much more developed game play, horse-back action, graphics and story. There are also many familiarly faces in this game and cameos from the previous. This is the second Zelda game to have Link in an alternate form (first was Link to the Past, which had Link as rather cute bunny), interestingly enough a Wolf.

When playing as a Wolf, you will actually be thinking as a wolf and attacking like one. You will also have the ability to communicate with other animals, during your adventure; it’s a pretty interesting feature. Whilst playing as Wolf Link, a small Imp is sitting on your back named “Midna”, aids you in your journey. I personally think Link’s Wolf form could have been more developed. Gameplay as Wolf can sometimes get tedious sloppy, and boring.

The Horse has been re-touched, for better gameplay and horse-back combat. No longer can you only use your arrows, most weapons will now be available on horse-back. It’s pretty satisfying slashing a beast of their transport! The Horse is also easier to control unlike Ocarina of Time. Maneuverability is much smoother. Horse combat also plays a much larger part in this game.

Expect to see familiar but more developed races in this game, and a few new ones thrown in. Not only familiar races, but weaponry, some classic weapons from OOT and some new, very interesting weapons.

Graphics for this game are outstanding, just looking at the landscape and lake looks awesome. The graphics don’t look like there from the gamecube, more so Xbox. Looking at Link’s sword reflection just shows how far GC graphics have come. When a game this good, graphics are ignored. Far better than I ever would have expected!

The game is not as hard as I expected, but puzzles do seem quiet challenging. Bosses have become easier than ever, simple techniques into beating them. Easier than OOT, can be a good thing, in some ways. But I will say you will be stuck on certain puzzles, for hours.

This time in the game, Link will have the ability to learn more moves as the game progresses. Every one of these moves helps you with defeat certain enemies later on in the game. Controls and camera angles are much smoother than previous Zeldas games making life much easier for you. Everything seems more sleek and smoother in this game, you can help but forget about the storyline and jump on to Epona’s back for a quick joy ride.

Even after you complete the game, there will still be some side quests for you to complete.

The storyline in this game is made to perfection. It’s almost quiet addicting; you will find it that sometimes you won’t be able to stop playing. But creating stories for a Zelda game, is not easy at all, in fact its quiet a dodgy business, some characters in this game felt forced in but didn’t fit in at all. Some of the most important characters were neglected or forgotten about, most of the time. They could have improved the story by trying to blend in some of the characters a bit more. Unlike previous Zelda games you don’t get that much praise after saving races, it feels quiet unfulfilled.

The sound was as good as ever, hearing the *SHING* from Link’s blade charging up is so pleasing. I have no complaints here; it was just as good as any other Zelda game’s music. As usual the music will change, from a nice peaceful theme, to a disturbing dark rhythm as enemies approach you. Music can be so peaceful and pleasing, but then can be easily changed to a dark shadowy environment, just by sound.

The Twilight Realm, feels just as is should be, shadow-y. You cannot interact with any human in the twilight realm, only see their souls and listen to what is being said.

The game will keep you hooked on for a very very long time, with its classic epic tale, and challenging puzzles mixed in with awesome gameplay. You won’t be needing to try this game out before purchase, go ahead and by it. I myself had went out and bought it for £40 on release, I think I made a good move, it was all worth it.

But I would suggest you buy the Gamecube version.

9.5/10
Wed 22/04/09 at 01:32
Regular
I have never played anything on gamecube, but the Wii ROCKS!

Check check check it out when you have a few hours.
Fri 29/12/06 at 18:47
Regular
""none""
The Legend of Zelda - The Twilight Princess (Gamecube) [SPOILER FREE]

Zelda is an RPG Action Adventure game. It’s your typical good vs evil game, but with a few amazing twists. Every Zelda game is based in the same worlds but, large time gaps in between them. This game takes place decades after Ocarina of Time and some time after Wind Waker. It raises some similarity to Ocarina of Time.

Link arises from his horse back, back to save the Princess Zelda and The Twilight realm from evil. Not much more can be commented on this, without ruining the whole game experience.

Expect much more developed game play, horse-back action, graphics and story. There are also many familiarly faces in this game and cameos from the previous. This is the second Zelda game to have Link in an alternate form (first was Link to the Past, which had Link as rather cute bunny), interestingly enough a Wolf.

When playing as a Wolf, you will actually be thinking as a wolf and attacking like one. You will also have the ability to communicate with other animals, during your adventure; it’s a pretty interesting feature. Whilst playing as Wolf Link, a small Imp is sitting on your back named “Midna”, aids you in your journey. I personally think Link’s Wolf form could have been more developed. Gameplay as Wolf can sometimes get tedious sloppy, and boring.

The Horse has been re-touched, for better gameplay and horse-back combat. No longer can you only use your arrows, most weapons will now be available on horse-back. It’s pretty satisfying slashing a beast of their transport! The Horse is also easier to control unlike Ocarina of Time. Maneuverability is much smoother. Horse combat also plays a much larger part in this game.

Expect to see familiar but more developed races in this game, and a few new ones thrown in. Not only familiar races, but weaponry, some classic weapons from OOT and some new, very interesting weapons.

Graphics for this game are outstanding, just looking at the landscape and lake looks awesome. The graphics don’t look like there from the gamecube, more so Xbox. Looking at Link’s sword reflection just shows how far GC graphics have come. When a game this good, graphics are ignored. Far better than I ever would have expected!

The game is not as hard as I expected, but puzzles do seem quiet challenging. Bosses have become easier than ever, simple techniques into beating them. Easier than OOT, can be a good thing, in some ways. But I will say you will be stuck on certain puzzles, for hours.

This time in the game, Link will have the ability to learn more moves as the game progresses. Every one of these moves helps you with defeat certain enemies later on in the game. Controls and camera angles are much smoother than previous Zeldas games making life much easier for you. Everything seems more sleek and smoother in this game, you can help but forget about the storyline and jump on to Epona’s back for a quick joy ride.

Even after you complete the game, there will still be some side quests for you to complete.

The storyline in this game is made to perfection. It’s almost quiet addicting; you will find it that sometimes you won’t be able to stop playing. But creating stories for a Zelda game, is not easy at all, in fact its quiet a dodgy business, some characters in this game felt forced in but didn’t fit in at all. Some of the most important characters were neglected or forgotten about, most of the time. They could have improved the story by trying to blend in some of the characters a bit more. Unlike previous Zelda games you don’t get that much praise after saving races, it feels quiet unfulfilled.

The sound was as good as ever, hearing the *SHING* from Link’s blade charging up is so pleasing. I have no complaints here; it was just as good as any other Zelda game’s music. As usual the music will change, from a nice peaceful theme, to a disturbing dark rhythm as enemies approach you. Music can be so peaceful and pleasing, but then can be easily changed to a dark shadowy environment, just by sound.

The Twilight Realm, feels just as is should be, shadow-y. You cannot interact with any human in the twilight realm, only see their souls and listen to what is being said.

The game will keep you hooked on for a very very long time, with its classic epic tale, and challenging puzzles mixed in with awesome gameplay. You won’t be needing to try this game out before purchase, go ahead and by it. I myself had went out and bought it for £40 on release, I think I made a good move, it was all worth it.

But I would suggest you buy the Gamecube version.

9.5/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.