GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ultimate PS3 vs Xbox 360 Review!"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 15/11/09 at 19:36
Regular
"PS2 Gamer."
Ok, I have worked so hard on this so please take your time and any contructive critism will be noted thanks :D

The console fair off.
PS3 vs XBOX 360.

Ok, at least twice a day I STILL hear people arguing about what is a better option to have an Xbox, which itself offers a great gaming experience and is user friendly, or a PS3, which also offers an amazing gaming experience with an equally pleasing user friendly feature. I expect this review to be quite long as there are many great things to list about them both and also a few not so good things about each.

Ok let's start off with the Playstation 3 or "PS3" for short. The idea of the PS3 was concieved by the Sony Corporation and was released in Japan on November 11th 2006, in North America on November 17th 2006 and elsewhere at later dates. Riots also ensued among the continents and several customers where actually shot for their Playstation 3s.

Playstation as an item

The playstation is not just a games console it is a Blue ray player (read on) and an internet browser, so really your buying a 3 in 1 package. The internet browser allows the user to surf through popular sites such as FaceBook and YouTube, even allowing you to view the movies on YoutTube. You also kind of get a free "Sims" game when you purchase the console. Sony's version of "Sims" is called "Home", where you can create your own avatar, chat to friends, make friends and wander around the Playstation "Common room" as I refer to it. The playstation 3 also has sexy touch screen buttons (on previous models, not to sure about newer versions). The PS3 is also known to be more reliable than the Microsofts Xbox. Although a fair few consoles have been sent off, a fair number of these have been owners mishaps. There is also a subtle difference to the way you are ranked on your online profile. On the Xbox you have a "Gamer score" while on the Playstation you have "Trophies" these are the same as awards on the 360 but they are categorized by the precious metals. Bronze. Silver, Gold and Platinum, Platinum being the hardest.

Network Play/Online

You can either play by "Ethernet connection" which is basically a cable, or you can use your sexy built in wireless adapter to connect to the Playstation Network. I find that a cabled option is more stable than wireless, but that is expected.
The network play, to me, is a reliable and cost free way of playing your friends on matches and games online and having an all out great time.
Yeh that's right the online is FREE and the signal all depends on your location on the geographical map and your internet signal. However having played both the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360 in the same location and I have to say, Xbox "Live" is better.

Exclusive Games

Next on to the Exclusive games for the console. Resistance: Fall of Man and Reistance 2 is completely unique to the Playstation 3 along with other titles such as Grand Tourismo and Little Big Planet (More on this later!). Now, Reisistance is set in the 1950s with alien enemies known as "Chimera". The graphics are fantastic and it really is a FPS that doesn't disappoint. The enemy aliens, the Chimera, look amazing in every detail (Shoot them dead before you get too close!) and the weapons they have is something out of a dream. The missions are great and go along with the story. The online is one of the best on the Playstation 3 (Not counting the Call of Duty franchise!) and varies in the Objective. Team deathmatch, free for all etc etc. There is also an option to play ranked matches or just for fun. This is a must have game for PS3 owners. Now, on to the sequel "Resistance 2". My first notice is that the name is quite...Bad if i am honest. Insomniac could at least have put a decent title on it "Resistance: Rise of Man" for example. The gameplay is similar to RFoM, but with more shoddy graphics in my own opinion. Almost as if they tried to rush it. The story isn't as great as the first one and for me was a real dissappointment. Also look out for Resistance 3 launching in February, 2011.
Another major title game for the Playstation is "Little Big Planet", this is a game that requires you to make your own levels and then publish them online for other users to download and try to complete. Meaning you have a never ending game with new level plans and objects being released all the time. It's a kind of rag doll platformer, the characters looking a lot like the ones from the "C'mon!" adverts. This also gives you a taste of what being a games devolper as the levels take a long time to make. But is so worth it when you complete them knowing that people will be trying them out.

Blue ray player

Not only is the PS3 a games console it is also a Blue ray player capable of also handling HD audio too. According to many "tekies" it is up there with the big boy blue players such as the Panasonic DMP-BD10 which is almost triple the amount of a standard Playstation 3. The blue ray player also enables the Playstation 3 disk to hold more graphical and gaming information for the utmost pleasure for a gamer. This means the graphics can be as sharp as a kitchen knife and as crisp as pringles. You can also keep up to date with blue ray updates downloaded straight from microsoft to your Playstation 3 which is a huge advantage against any other blue ray player. This gives reassurance that your PS3 Blue Ray-er will not become outdates for a while. Also, before I forget. The player has one of the fastest processors on the market.

Difference in Controller

The Playstation's controller is very different to the Xbox's though you can see the similarities such as the "Trigger buttons" on both formats.
Another closely monitored similarity is that both icons on the controllers light up (this is a bit sad noticing and mentioning this but Im not bothered :D). The major difference though in both controllers is not the classic shape of the two, but in fact the option of the "Six axis motion sensor". This basically means that you can control some aspects of the games just by moving the controller (L.A.I.R, Heavenly Sword, Grand Theft Auto 4 and Little Big Planet being a somewhat small list). Also the controller fits the hand nice and comfortably.

Ok I THINK that that will do for the Playstation 3

Onto the Xbox 360.

Xbox as an Item

The Xbox is also not just a games console. There are many great things available to the Xbox owners. Sky Tv on your Xbox is an amazing feature, with access to many movies per month at only £10 if not a Sky customer and FREE if you are. Another major aspect that many people seem to be ignorant too is that, because the Xbox has been around longer (and is cheaper too!) does this not mean that their are far greater Xbox Online players than the PS3? "Not really". Well yes actually, there are around 7,000 more "Live" players than the Playstation 3's Network. And with the launch of Project Natal in around 2010, everyone will want to own an Xbox. Imagine a Wii, just with much better graphics, voice recognition and (possibly) Call of Duty online, with no controllers, you ARE the controller.

Xbox Live/Online

Well, as established earlier on, both consoles have online mode and a market place. But the Xbox has a greater advantage. There are more players on the "Live" circuit and more games and content readily availble for download (Using Microsoft points) than on the Playstation Network. But it all depends on how you play online. If you choose to buy the Xbox wireless adapter (£39.99) and you also pay for a 12 month subscription to Xbox Live (£34.99 at Amazon) then you're spending a lot for an online mode.
But it is worth it in my opinion. The strength of the online is unmatched and is definitely the best signal out of the two consoles. Also, as said earlier, I have played both consoles in the same location and Xbox Live is less laggy then the Playstation 3 Network. However this is expected as you're paying for the service right?

Exclusive Games

Ok so everyone has heard or knows about the likes of, Gears of War, Halo, Forza and so on. And every console owner should know that they are exclusive to the Xbox, but what are they like?
Ok, first off the big daddy. Halo 3. The Halo franchise is one of, if not THE, biggest success of the Xbox 360. The game revolves around The Masterchief and the story again has an amazing tale, but I'm not going to ramble on about the story. Again graphically the game is beautiful and lays in its superior splendor. The enviroment is greatly enhanced by the 360s HD processor and the armour is pretty and gleams in the light of lime. The guns are of course futuristic and dream like. But one amazing thing about Halo is that it is not that gory like some others in the genre. One interesting aspect is the ability to record up to 100 matches and playback from any angle. With the ability to not "make" levels but to add things with the use of "Forge", things that can be added are; teleports, crates, vechiles, beams, guns, grenades and power ups. However the kind of "Spin off" game "Halo: ODST", is a huge let down. The only option online is a game where you kill the campaign enemies with others in a team, also with a highly predictable ending.

Project Natal

I do not know much about this but have gathered some information and also given my opinion what I think may happen.

Xbox owners everywhere will be looking forward this to in just a few years to come. With an experience where you are almost inside the game being the player. Natal will most likely use some hand pad gloves (Like in the lord of the rings movies for Golem) for movement. Like I mentioned earlier, imagine playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare, like it is real.

The below information is taken from Wikipedia

"The Project Natal sensor is an approximately 9-inch (23 cm) wide horizontal bar connected to a small circular base with a ball joint pivot, and is designed to be positioned lengthwise above or below the video display. The device features an "RGB camera, depth sensor, multi-array microphone, and custom processor running proprietary software", which provides full-body 3D motion capture, facial recognition, and voice recognition capabilities. The Project Natal sensor's microphone array enables the Xbox 360 to conduct acoustic source localization and ambient noise suppression, allowing for things such as headset-free party chat over Xbox Live.

The depth sensor consists of an infrared projector combined with a monochrome CMOS sensor, and allows the Project Natal sensor to see in 3D under any ambient light conditions. The sensing range of the depth sensor is adjustable, with the Project Natal software capable of automatically calibrating the sensor based on gameplay and the player's physical environment, such as the presence of chairs.

Project Natal is reportedly based on software technology developed internally by Microsoft and hardware intellectual property acquired from time-of-flight camera developer 3DV Systems. Before agreeing to sell all its assets in March 2009, 3DV had been preparing its own depth-sensing webcam controller, known as the ZCam.

Described by Microsoft personnel as the primary innovation of Project Natal, the software technology enables advanced gesture recognition, facial recognition, and voice recognition. The skeletal mapping technology shown at E3 2009 was capable of simultaneously tracking up to four users for motion analysis, with a feature extraction of 48 skeletal points on a human body at a frame rate of 30 hertz. Depending on the person's distance from the sensor, Project Natal is capable of tracking models that can identify individual fingers."

Imagine that voice recognition hardware (no little brothers playing your console), and the ability to identidy individual fingers. It almost seems like something out of a movie or 20 years from now.

The controller

Like the controller of the Playstation 3 the Xbox 360's fits nicely in your palm with comfort as you wrap it around your fingers. However sometimes dirt can get stuck in between the areas where the controller has been brought together. One option i do love is the fact that you can buy different style controllers such as Halo, Gears of War, Call Of Duty etc. The wireless is also a plus so thats another point on its side. A shame is that it doesn't have some kind of "Six axis" style control option, however Project Natal is working on this and I believe it will be amazing.

Together.

Ok so, there are also aspects that both consoles have, the amazing amount of hard disk space. 250gb...That's more than most home computers. This is for the games downloaded and memory though, not forgetting pictures and videos that both consoles can hold. They are also both very popular.

But one thing I think is a shame is that the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 consoles can't come together on both Online modes so you can have "Console wars" where PS3 users battle Xbox 360 users, I think this would be amazing and hopefully will one day be considered.

Concluded

So some people will prefer one console over the other but I hope this review has made you think about what one as I listed the benefits and disadvantages of both consoles.
It also depends on what you think about the company. Sony set the stage for next gen consoles with the Playstation 1, which was amazing in its Hey day. But then again Microsoft is the biggest computer company around, so surely they should know what they are doing right? However I hope you choose well in your choice and have fun online, and off.

Reviewed By SirSnuggleot/Lawrence
Tue 17/11/09 at 17:46
Regular
"PS2 Gamer."
Warhunt wrote:
> Metal Gear Solid 4 too pb.

MGS4 is coming out for 360 (I know i was a bit stunned too O_O)
Tue 17/11/09 at 16:37
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Metal Gear Solid 4 too pb.
Tue 17/11/09 at 16:00
Regular
"PS2 Gamer."
pb wrote:
> Good article and well written, just read through it all.
>
>
> A few points:
>
> Its Blu-ray, not Blue-ray.
>
> You should mention the PS3 motion controllers too (called wands
> at the moment), alongside the Playstation Eye (the next gen
> Eyetoy) it will be like a middle ground between Natal and Wii
> Remotes.
>
> Both consoles can also stream and play video from many sources
> including DivX, with updates through firmware to support new
> formats.
>
> Facebook will be avaiable on both consoles soon and the 360 will
> also have Twitter and Last FM while PS3 has Vidzone, a free music
> video player and iPlayer from the BBC as well as internet.
>
> Exclusives-wise, the biggest PS3 exclusive at the moment is
> Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Thanks for the Blu-Ray thing, lol.

Wasnt sure on any of the websites :P

I know about Uncharted, it's just that I haven't played it so I couldn't really include it with experieince :/
Tue 17/11/09 at 09:08
"possibly impossible"
Good article and well written, just read through it all.

A few points:

Its Blu-ray, not Blue-ray.

You should mention the PS3 motion controllers too (called wands at the moment), alongside the Playstation Eye (the next gen Eyetoy) it will be like a middle ground between Natal and Wii Remotes.

Both consoles can also stream and play video from many sources including DivX, with updates through firmware to support new formats.

Facebook will be avaiable on both consoles soon and the 360 will also have Twitter and Last FM while PS3 has Vidzone, a free music video player and iPlayer from the BBC as well as internet.

Exclusives-wise, the biggest PS3 exclusive at the moment is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.
Sun 15/11/09 at 20:06
Regular
"PS2 Gamer."
:L

I've been off of the forums for a LONG while because of GCSE exams and stuff. I should be more active now though as I have no exams until late January/Februart :)
Sun 15/11/09 at 20:05
Regular
"How Ironic"
I can see you've never won a GAD. When you do win one, it's a great feeling, first time i came on the site (only 40 odd days before you did), i honestly thought it was some scam site or something, but when the game came i was like ' :O ' lol, so yeh, best of luck, and i have to say, haven't noticed you around the forums much. Get more involved!- it helps you get through the day ;D
Sun 15/11/09 at 19:53
Regular
"PS2 Gamer."
Sonic Chris wrote:
> First off, well done for all the work you've put into it, i love
> seeing an article where you can tell people have structured it
> and really thought about it ;D I'll say now i haven't read it
> completely through yet, but i've glanced through a couple of
> points. Quite basically, the debate will never be settled. The
> key character in these debates are 'The Fanboys', those people
> who won't admit their console is the less desirable. I'm an Xbox
> 360 person, and i'll say straight, i'm not interested in the PS3
> one bit. A blu-ray player seems like a rip-off cost wise to me,
> as i really don't think you're going to notice much difference.
> The only way i'm jealous of the PS3 is the free online
> capability. If Xbox Live became free for all, then it would no
> doubt erupt in sales. Then again, you could argue Xbox Live is
> more secure, as there's not much to lose if you get banned on PS3
> online, getting banned on Xbox Live means you lose cash.
>
> It's a neverending circle. The sheer amount of factors that
> higher or lower a console's standing is huge, and most people are
> too stubborn to stand down defending their console.
>
> Nevertheless, good article, you've summed up all the points of
> each console well, and made a fair comparison. Wouldn't be
> surprised to see your name under the 'Latest Winners' list this
> Thursday ;D

Thanks mate :D

Yeh I hope I do win i could do with some more games :L

It would be amazing if Xbox was free online but Microsoft would lose so much money D:

Thanks for the comment and see you around the forums :)
Sun 15/11/09 at 19:50
Regular
"How Ironic"
First off, well done for all the work you've put into it, i love seeing an article where you can tell people have structured it and really thought about it ;D I'll say now i haven't read it completely through yet, but i've glanced through a couple of points. Quite basically, the debate will never be settled. The key character in these debates are 'The Fanboys', those people who won't admit their console is the less desirable. I'm an Xbox 360 person, and i'll say straight, i'm not interested in the PS3 one bit. A blu-ray player seems like a rip-off cost wise to me, as i really don't think you're going to notice much difference. The only way i'm jealous of the PS3 is the free online capability. If Xbox Live became free for all, then it would no doubt erupt in sales. Then again, you could argue Xbox Live is more secure, as there's not much to lose if you get banned on PS3 online, getting banned on Xbox Live means you lose cash.

It's a neverending circle. The sheer amount of factors that higher or lower a console's standing is huge, and most people are too stubborn to stand down defending their console.

Nevertheless, good article, you've summed up all the points of each console well, and made a fair comparison. Wouldn't be surprised to see your name under the 'Latest Winners' list this Thursday ;D
Sun 15/11/09 at 19:36
Regular
"PS2 Gamer."
Ok, I have worked so hard on this so please take your time and any contructive critism will be noted thanks :D

The console fair off.
PS3 vs XBOX 360.

Ok, at least twice a day I STILL hear people arguing about what is a better option to have an Xbox, which itself offers a great gaming experience and is user friendly, or a PS3, which also offers an amazing gaming experience with an equally pleasing user friendly feature. I expect this review to be quite long as there are many great things to list about them both and also a few not so good things about each.

Ok let's start off with the Playstation 3 or "PS3" for short. The idea of the PS3 was concieved by the Sony Corporation and was released in Japan on November 11th 2006, in North America on November 17th 2006 and elsewhere at later dates. Riots also ensued among the continents and several customers where actually shot for their Playstation 3s.

Playstation as an item

The playstation is not just a games console it is a Blue ray player (read on) and an internet browser, so really your buying a 3 in 1 package. The internet browser allows the user to surf through popular sites such as FaceBook and YouTube, even allowing you to view the movies on YoutTube. You also kind of get a free "Sims" game when you purchase the console. Sony's version of "Sims" is called "Home", where you can create your own avatar, chat to friends, make friends and wander around the Playstation "Common room" as I refer to it. The playstation 3 also has sexy touch screen buttons (on previous models, not to sure about newer versions). The PS3 is also known to be more reliable than the Microsofts Xbox. Although a fair few consoles have been sent off, a fair number of these have been owners mishaps. There is also a subtle difference to the way you are ranked on your online profile. On the Xbox you have a "Gamer score" while on the Playstation you have "Trophies" these are the same as awards on the 360 but they are categorized by the precious metals. Bronze. Silver, Gold and Platinum, Platinum being the hardest.

Network Play/Online

You can either play by "Ethernet connection" which is basically a cable, or you can use your sexy built in wireless adapter to connect to the Playstation Network. I find that a cabled option is more stable than wireless, but that is expected.
The network play, to me, is a reliable and cost free way of playing your friends on matches and games online and having an all out great time.
Yeh that's right the online is FREE and the signal all depends on your location on the geographical map and your internet signal. However having played both the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360 in the same location and I have to say, Xbox "Live" is better.

Exclusive Games

Next on to the Exclusive games for the console. Resistance: Fall of Man and Reistance 2 is completely unique to the Playstation 3 along with other titles such as Grand Tourismo and Little Big Planet (More on this later!). Now, Reisistance is set in the 1950s with alien enemies known as "Chimera". The graphics are fantastic and it really is a FPS that doesn't disappoint. The enemy aliens, the Chimera, look amazing in every detail (Shoot them dead before you get too close!) and the weapons they have is something out of a dream. The missions are great and go along with the story. The online is one of the best on the Playstation 3 (Not counting the Call of Duty franchise!) and varies in the Objective. Team deathmatch, free for all etc etc. There is also an option to play ranked matches or just for fun. This is a must have game for PS3 owners. Now, on to the sequel "Resistance 2". My first notice is that the name is quite...Bad if i am honest. Insomniac could at least have put a decent title on it "Resistance: Rise of Man" for example. The gameplay is similar to RFoM, but with more shoddy graphics in my own opinion. Almost as if they tried to rush it. The story isn't as great as the first one and for me was a real dissappointment. Also look out for Resistance 3 launching in February, 2011.
Another major title game for the Playstation is "Little Big Planet", this is a game that requires you to make your own levels and then publish them online for other users to download and try to complete. Meaning you have a never ending game with new level plans and objects being released all the time. It's a kind of rag doll platformer, the characters looking a lot like the ones from the "C'mon!" adverts. This also gives you a taste of what being a games devolper as the levels take a long time to make. But is so worth it when you complete them knowing that people will be trying them out.

Blue ray player

Not only is the PS3 a games console it is also a Blue ray player capable of also handling HD audio too. According to many "tekies" it is up there with the big boy blue players such as the Panasonic DMP-BD10 which is almost triple the amount of a standard Playstation 3. The blue ray player also enables the Playstation 3 disk to hold more graphical and gaming information for the utmost pleasure for a gamer. This means the graphics can be as sharp as a kitchen knife and as crisp as pringles. You can also keep up to date with blue ray updates downloaded straight from microsoft to your Playstation 3 which is a huge advantage against any other blue ray player. This gives reassurance that your PS3 Blue Ray-er will not become outdates for a while. Also, before I forget. The player has one of the fastest processors on the market.

Difference in Controller

The Playstation's controller is very different to the Xbox's though you can see the similarities such as the "Trigger buttons" on both formats.
Another closely monitored similarity is that both icons on the controllers light up (this is a bit sad noticing and mentioning this but Im not bothered :D). The major difference though in both controllers is not the classic shape of the two, but in fact the option of the "Six axis motion sensor". This basically means that you can control some aspects of the games just by moving the controller (L.A.I.R, Heavenly Sword, Grand Theft Auto 4 and Little Big Planet being a somewhat small list). Also the controller fits the hand nice and comfortably.

Ok I THINK that that will do for the Playstation 3

Onto the Xbox 360.

Xbox as an Item

The Xbox is also not just a games console. There are many great things available to the Xbox owners. Sky Tv on your Xbox is an amazing feature, with access to many movies per month at only £10 if not a Sky customer and FREE if you are. Another major aspect that many people seem to be ignorant too is that, because the Xbox has been around longer (and is cheaper too!) does this not mean that their are far greater Xbox Online players than the PS3? "Not really". Well yes actually, there are around 7,000 more "Live" players than the Playstation 3's Network. And with the launch of Project Natal in around 2010, everyone will want to own an Xbox. Imagine a Wii, just with much better graphics, voice recognition and (possibly) Call of Duty online, with no controllers, you ARE the controller.

Xbox Live/Online

Well, as established earlier on, both consoles have online mode and a market place. But the Xbox has a greater advantage. There are more players on the "Live" circuit and more games and content readily availble for download (Using Microsoft points) than on the Playstation Network. But it all depends on how you play online. If you choose to buy the Xbox wireless adapter (£39.99) and you also pay for a 12 month subscription to Xbox Live (£34.99 at Amazon) then you're spending a lot for an online mode.
But it is worth it in my opinion. The strength of the online is unmatched and is definitely the best signal out of the two consoles. Also, as said earlier, I have played both consoles in the same location and Xbox Live is less laggy then the Playstation 3 Network. However this is expected as you're paying for the service right?

Exclusive Games

Ok so everyone has heard or knows about the likes of, Gears of War, Halo, Forza and so on. And every console owner should know that they are exclusive to the Xbox, but what are they like?
Ok, first off the big daddy. Halo 3. The Halo franchise is one of, if not THE, biggest success of the Xbox 360. The game revolves around The Masterchief and the story again has an amazing tale, but I'm not going to ramble on about the story. Again graphically the game is beautiful and lays in its superior splendor. The enviroment is greatly enhanced by the 360s HD processor and the armour is pretty and gleams in the light of lime. The guns are of course futuristic and dream like. But one amazing thing about Halo is that it is not that gory like some others in the genre. One interesting aspect is the ability to record up to 100 matches and playback from any angle. With the ability to not "make" levels but to add things with the use of "Forge", things that can be added are; teleports, crates, vechiles, beams, guns, grenades and power ups. However the kind of "Spin off" game "Halo: ODST", is a huge let down. The only option online is a game where you kill the campaign enemies with others in a team, also with a highly predictable ending.

Project Natal

I do not know much about this but have gathered some information and also given my opinion what I think may happen.

Xbox owners everywhere will be looking forward this to in just a few years to come. With an experience where you are almost inside the game being the player. Natal will most likely use some hand pad gloves (Like in the lord of the rings movies for Golem) for movement. Like I mentioned earlier, imagine playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare, like it is real.

The below information is taken from Wikipedia

"The Project Natal sensor is an approximately 9-inch (23 cm) wide horizontal bar connected to a small circular base with a ball joint pivot, and is designed to be positioned lengthwise above or below the video display. The device features an "RGB camera, depth sensor, multi-array microphone, and custom processor running proprietary software", which provides full-body 3D motion capture, facial recognition, and voice recognition capabilities. The Project Natal sensor's microphone array enables the Xbox 360 to conduct acoustic source localization and ambient noise suppression, allowing for things such as headset-free party chat over Xbox Live.

The depth sensor consists of an infrared projector combined with a monochrome CMOS sensor, and allows the Project Natal sensor to see in 3D under any ambient light conditions. The sensing range of the depth sensor is adjustable, with the Project Natal software capable of automatically calibrating the sensor based on gameplay and the player's physical environment, such as the presence of chairs.

Project Natal is reportedly based on software technology developed internally by Microsoft and hardware intellectual property acquired from time-of-flight camera developer 3DV Systems. Before agreeing to sell all its assets in March 2009, 3DV had been preparing its own depth-sensing webcam controller, known as the ZCam.

Described by Microsoft personnel as the primary innovation of Project Natal, the software technology enables advanced gesture recognition, facial recognition, and voice recognition. The skeletal mapping technology shown at E3 2009 was capable of simultaneously tracking up to four users for motion analysis, with a feature extraction of 48 skeletal points on a human body at a frame rate of 30 hertz. Depending on the person's distance from the sensor, Project Natal is capable of tracking models that can identify individual fingers."

Imagine that voice recognition hardware (no little brothers playing your console), and the ability to identidy individual fingers. It almost seems like something out of a movie or 20 years from now.

The controller

Like the controller of the Playstation 3 the Xbox 360's fits nicely in your palm with comfort as you wrap it around your fingers. However sometimes dirt can get stuck in between the areas where the controller has been brought together. One option i do love is the fact that you can buy different style controllers such as Halo, Gears of War, Call Of Duty etc. The wireless is also a plus so thats another point on its side. A shame is that it doesn't have some kind of "Six axis" style control option, however Project Natal is working on this and I believe it will be amazing.

Together.

Ok so, there are also aspects that both consoles have, the amazing amount of hard disk space. 250gb...That's more than most home computers. This is for the games downloaded and memory though, not forgetting pictures and videos that both consoles can hold. They are also both very popular.

But one thing I think is a shame is that the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 consoles can't come together on both Online modes so you can have "Console wars" where PS3 users battle Xbox 360 users, I think this would be amazing and hopefully will one day be considered.

Concluded

So some people will prefer one console over the other but I hope this review has made you think about what one as I listed the benefits and disadvantages of both consoles.
It also depends on what you think about the company. Sony set the stage for next gen consoles with the Playstation 1, which was amazing in its Hey day. But then again Microsoft is the biggest computer company around, so surely they should know what they are doing right? However I hope you choose well in your choice and have fun online, and off.

Reviewed By SirSnuggleot/Lawrence

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.