GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Driv3r and Spidey 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Driv3r'.
Fri 09/07/04 at 19:34
Regular
"Rememba me?!"
I rented Driv3r yesterday, and the only thing I can tell you is that it didnt impress me much. It still seems that when Tanner is walking, hes got a pole stuck up his bum. The driving is reasonably good, and the graphics are very good too.
However, I thought it is much overrated. It just doesnt play right. I smiply didnt like it.

On the other hand, I bought SpiderMan 2, and i must say i love it. You get to swing around New York City, fliping around, doing stunts, fighting the baddies and saving the goodies. And when youve got free time, you get to do a pizza delivery job.
I certainly prefer Spidey than Driv3r.

Thats the advice I can give you from my experience.
Fri 16/07/04 at 13:36
Regular
"Jackpot!"
There's nothing wrong with driv3r and it is a much better game than all of you make it out to be.

I know that spiderman 2 is more fun but driv3r is still a great game.

Plus...............it's good to speedily drive your car up a ramp into the water and swim back to shore and do it again.
Fri 16/07/04 at 13:09
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Cheers. Got it for Lu Bu walkthru.
Fri 16/07/04 at 13:02
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Congrats witch-king.
Fri 16/07/04 at 12:55
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Just won gameaday, going to get Spidey.
Wed 14/07/04 at 21:14
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Mav wrote:
> I can see the web swinging getting rather samey once the novelty's worn
> off.

I'm still not bored of it, and I'm learning new moves all the time. I reckon it'll be a long time before the novelty wears off. I'm still enjoying swinging past criminals and webbing them up as I go past, reeling them in, swinging up to a roof with them over my shoulder, and then just swinging the crims around my head and launching them off the building. It'll be a while before I get bored of that.

:)
Tue 13/07/04 at 23:01
Regular
Spider-Man 2 is pretty good - but from what I've played, I can see the web swinging getting rather samey once the novelty's worn off.

I haven't played much of Spidey 2, but I liked Driv3r.
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:59
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Do you mean the first Spidey on PS2? The replay value was terrible, the fighting unoriginal and unexciting, and the best bits were flying around the city.
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:27
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Yeah thats what i was speaking about. Did you play the first Spidey? I enjoyed that very good storyline and the modes were very good. Brilliant longevity and replay value.
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:25
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Skyline 07 wrote:
> You've changed your tune. A week ago everything was about Driv3r now
> your practically slating it.

Yea I know I was, initially I thought it was brilliant. But there's little replay value after you've done the main story, and the free ride mode just gets tediously boring. I only play it for quick half hour bursts now so that I can create some good car chases, but that's it.
Fri 09/07/04 at 22:17
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Lou Role wrote:
> Yea Spider-Man is great fun, certainly more enjoyable than Driver.

You've changed your tune. A week ago everything was about Driv3r now your practically slating it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.