GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shrek - hahahahahahahahahahahahaha"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/07/01 at 13:55
Regular
Has anyone seen this film yet. It is so funny. The wrestling scene, hahahahaha. The part where the bird explodes is great. She starts singing and I thought, oh no. I hate this in films. Why does someone always have to sing. You see it once and then the next time it is so boring. However, it was short and there was great humour in the scene. To top it all off they put in the eggs part. Fantastic.

What are your thoughts on it?
Tue 03/07/01 at 01:06
"I love yo... lamp."
I have not seen it yet but my mate who thought that it would be rubbish thinks that it was really good.
Tue 03/07/01 at 00:05
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I thought it was a good film with a different approach. Funny in alot of places too. Go see it if it appeals to you at all.
Mon 02/07/01 at 18:58
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
It did seem quite short right enough. They go save the princess, they come back and there is a 15 minute bit added on the end. It seemed very short but as they say, time flies when you're having fun.
Mon 02/07/01 at 16:18
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Jac_rules wrote:
> Shrek - Good film... but not that good!
The bit where the princess turns
> into a female ogre - then ends the film like it!!! I don't think i
> would have minded if she ended the film human again, but she didn't.
> It ended with the beautiful princess Fiona having not such a
> 'beautiful' appearance. A wierd ending i thought. Couldn't the ugly
> ogre (Shrek) marry a beautiful princess! Damn this fairy tale thingy
> is catching me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first of all thanks for giving that away to people who havnt seen it.
sencondly they were trying tp put a message across with this film like true beuteys on the inside or something
Sun 01/07/01 at 22:56
I wanted to see it yesterday, but my brother wouldn't drive me to the cinema.

Oh well, soon, very soon.
Sun 01/07/01 at 22:33
Shrek - Good film... but not that good!

A bit disapointing i thought. I had great expectations from Shrek, but i felt it failed to deliver.

Ok it looked good, really good infact and the dubbing was fantastic i thought. The actors/actresses fitted their characters perfectly. Especially John Lithgow, he was a great short, bossy king!!! Mike Myers played a great ogre - probably because it was an unsual part for a Scottsman and Cameron Diaz was a humourous (well i thought she was) princess. (The idea that she new the story - typical fairly tale - but didn't get what she wanted).

But with out a doubt, Eddie Murphy!!! As Donkey!!! Brillaint!!! He was a perfect match, a funny, talkative, thoughtful Donkey. The type of character Eddie Murphy plays well! Something which i am not afriad to say, is not true for some off the other characters he plays! Do i need to name them!!!

Although with all thos positive talk about Shrek, why do i think it wasn't all that good? Probably because of its length and simple, totally predictable story. I realise the fact a film made in this way (using a computer) takes a lot of work - probably more than a convential film and therefore isn't that long for that reason. But at 90 mins i thought the film flew by. Not giving itself enough time to create a plot with any character thought. No querying, no 'i will think about Sir Farquaad' just 'certainly' and 'lets go!'. But this could just be me used to long films and complicated plots....maybe i need to broaden my horizons more!!!

And as for totally predicatable plot, maybe it was obvious. The film was advertised as 'The greatest fairy tale ever told' but you might have thought they would have put more original ideas into it...to make it a bit different, a new fairy tale! But they didn't.

Probably hipacritical of me, but here it go's. I know i said the story was a bit predictable, but the only bit that wasn't, i didn't like! The bit where the princess turns into a female ogre - then ends the film like it!!! I don't think i would have minded if she ended the film human again, but she didn't. It ended with the beautiful princess Fiona having not such a 'beautiful' appearance. A wierd ending i thought. Couldn't the ugly ogre (Shrek) marry a beautiful princess! Damn this fairy tale thingy is catching me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To end, i would say go see the film. After all i was drawn-in by all the hype that is 'Shrek'. After reading many sources, a lot of people think it is a great film, one that will many awards. Maybe i am wrong, maybe Shrek is to be remembered as 'great' film. What do you think?

Jac
Sun 01/07/01 at 13:55
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Has anyone seen this film yet. It is so funny. The wrestling scene, hahahahaha. The part where the bird explodes is great. She starts singing and I thought, oh no. I hate this in films. Why does someone always have to sing. You see it once and then the next time it is so boring. However, it was short and there was great humour in the scene. To top it all off they put in the eggs part. Fantastic.

What are your thoughts on it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.