GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Package-for me?!?!?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/07/01 at 08:57
Regular
On Wednesday, I came home to find a package in the lounge. The package looked like a package I'd received before. My heart filled with joy-I knew what the package was.

It was a brown package.

So I brought it upstairs into my room, and marvelled at it's lovely, brown colour, and it's soft, smooth texture. After hours of endless fun, I was going to put it safely away in the drawer when I suddenly realised there was something INSIDE the package!

My eyes widened, and I put my left hand into the package. I also found out that the inside of the package felt even nicer than the outside!!
A few minutes later, I pulled something out of the package.

It was of a rectangular shape, and was mostly red. It also had a picture of a fist holding a sort of axe/hammer (can't remember what it's called.)

Puzzled, I looked at the back. In even bigger white letters it said, "JOIN THE REVOLUTION."

Suddenly, I knew. I knew what it was. I mean, c'mon, it's obvious! If you put the hammer/axe thing and the "JOIN THE REVOLUTION" bit together, then you get...

A PETITION TO SIGN FOR THE BANNING OF HAMMER/AXE THINGS, IN WHICH A REVOLUTION OF NEW HAMMER/AXE THINGS WILL BE MADE!!!

But wait...on the top it said, "PlayStation 2." I have a PlayStation 2. I opened it up, and there was some sort of CD inside.

I popped it into my PS2, and waited with baited breath for what was to come.
A few seconds later, a screen came up, with "RED FACTION" in the middle of it, and options to the side such as, "NEW GAME," "MULTIPLAYER," "OPTIONS," etc.

My apparently primitive mind overcame the concept of an 'interactive petition,' and finally realised that it was a video game, called Red Faction, which I had won on Gameaday on Special Reserve.

I clicked on new player, and a whole new realm of gaming begun.

Well, actually, the whole new realm begun later in a huge deathmatch against bots, as I got stuck on the first level of single player mode.

But nothing can match up to the experience of getting to the top of a 'fort,' finding a Fusion Rocket Launcher with a Kill Range of 10 metres, looking down onto all the little bots running around on the ground, and killing ALL of them with this massive weapon!!

Yesterday myself, Darkness_2K, my brother and my cousins spent the whole afternoon playing multiplayer Red Faction. It was one of the best gaming experiences ever, and that's all thanks to the great guys at THQ and Volition.

Right, I'm off to destroy The Lobby with a Rocket Launcher also known as the 'Big Earl.'

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sun 01/07/01 at 08:57
Regular
"I like cheese"
On Wednesday, I came home to find a package in the lounge. The package looked like a package I'd received before. My heart filled with joy-I knew what the package was.

It was a brown package.

So I brought it upstairs into my room, and marvelled at it's lovely, brown colour, and it's soft, smooth texture. After hours of endless fun, I was going to put it safely away in the drawer when I suddenly realised there was something INSIDE the package!

My eyes widened, and I put my left hand into the package. I also found out that the inside of the package felt even nicer than the outside!!
A few minutes later, I pulled something out of the package.

It was of a rectangular shape, and was mostly red. It also had a picture of a fist holding a sort of axe/hammer (can't remember what it's called.)

Puzzled, I looked at the back. In even bigger white letters it said, "JOIN THE REVOLUTION."

Suddenly, I knew. I knew what it was. I mean, c'mon, it's obvious! If you put the hammer/axe thing and the "JOIN THE REVOLUTION" bit together, then you get...

A PETITION TO SIGN FOR THE BANNING OF HAMMER/AXE THINGS, IN WHICH A REVOLUTION OF NEW HAMMER/AXE THINGS WILL BE MADE!!!

But wait...on the top it said, "PlayStation 2." I have a PlayStation 2. I opened it up, and there was some sort of CD inside.

I popped it into my PS2, and waited with baited breath for what was to come.
A few seconds later, a screen came up, with "RED FACTION" in the middle of it, and options to the side such as, "NEW GAME," "MULTIPLAYER," "OPTIONS," etc.

My apparently primitive mind overcame the concept of an 'interactive petition,' and finally realised that it was a video game, called Red Faction, which I had won on Gameaday on Special Reserve.

I clicked on new player, and a whole new realm of gaming begun.

Well, actually, the whole new realm begun later in a huge deathmatch against bots, as I got stuck on the first level of single player mode.

But nothing can match up to the experience of getting to the top of a 'fort,' finding a Fusion Rocket Launcher with a Kill Range of 10 metres, looking down onto all the little bots running around on the ground, and killing ALL of them with this massive weapon!!

Yesterday myself, Darkness_2K, my brother and my cousins spent the whole afternoon playing multiplayer Red Faction. It was one of the best gaming experiences ever, and that's all thanks to the great guys at THQ and Volition.

Right, I'm off to destroy The Lobby with a Rocket Launcher also known as the 'Big Earl.'

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Sun 01/07/01 at 09:01
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Red Faction sounds wicked, I can't wait till I get my PS2, i'm gonna get that game!
Sun 01/07/01 at 09:07
Regular
Ant wrote:
> On Wednesday, I came home to find a package in the lounge. The
> package looked like a package I'd received before. My heart filled
> with joy-I knew what the package was.

It was a brown
> package.

So I brought it upstairs into my room, and marvelled at
> it's lovely, brown colour, and it's soft, smooth texture. After
> hours of endless fun, I was going to put it safely away in the
> drawer when I suddenly realised there was something INSIDE the
> package!

My eyes widened, and I put my left hand into the
> package. I also found out that the inside of the package felt even
> nicer than the outside!!
A few minutes later, I pulled something
> out of the package.

It was of a rectangular shape, and was mostly
> red. It also had a picture of a fist holding a sort of axe/hammer
> (can't remember what it's called.)

Puzzled, I looked at the back.
> In even bigger white letters it said, "JOIN THE
> REVOLUTION."

Suddenly, I knew. I knew what it was. I mean,
> c'mon, it's obvious! If you put the hammer/axe thing and the
> "JOIN THE REVOLUTION" bit together, then you get...

A
> PETITION TO SIGN FOR THE BANNING OF HAMMER/AXE THINGS, IN WHICH A
> REVOLUTION OF NEW HAMMER/AXE THINGS WILL BE MADE!!!

But wait...on
> the top it said, "PlayStation 2." I have a PlayStation 2.
> I opened it up, and there was some sort of CD inside.

I popped
> it into my PS2, and waited with baited breath for what was to come.
>
A few seconds later, a screen came up, with "RED
> FACTION" in the middle of it, and options to the side such as,
> "NEW GAME," "MULTIPLAYER," "OPTIONS,"
> etc.

My apparently primitive mind overcame the concept of an
> 'interactive petition,' and finally realised that it was a video
> game, called Red Faction, which I had won on Gameaday on Special
> Reserve.

I clicked on new player, and a whole new realm of gaming
> begun.

Well, actually, the whole new realm begun later in a huge
> deathmatch against bots, as I got stuck on the first level of single
> player mode.

But nothing can match up to the experience of
> getting to the top of a 'fort,' finding a Fusion Rocket Launcher
> with a Kill Range of 10 metres, looking down onto all the little
> bots running around on the ground, and killing ALL of them with this
> massive weapon!!

Yesterday myself, Darkness_2K, my brother and my
> cousins spent the whole afternoon playing multiplayer Red Faction.
> It was one of the best gaming experiences ever, and that's all
> thanks to the great guys at THQ and Volition.

Right, I'm off to
> destroy The Lobby with a Rocket Launcher also known as the 'Big
> Earl.'

Thanks for reading, Ant.

WHAT WAS IN THE PACKAGE I MISSED THE POINT!!!!!
Sun 01/07/01 at 09:13
I WANT A PS2, I WANT A PS2, I CAN'T AFFORD A PS2, GIVE ME A PS2!

Within minutes the men in white coats appear and drag Namo into the back of a van labelled 'mental ambulance'.
Sun 01/07/01 at 11:08
What a way to get your word count up Himoko.

Nice.
Sun 01/07/01 at 11:14
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
And the question on everyones mind: Did Ant keep the brown paper? Dun dun duuuun!
Sun 01/07/01 at 11:18
Regular
Dan2K1 wrote:
> What a way to get your word count up Himoko.

Nice.

The words won't be counted cause i asked greig danes (i think) at [email protected]. If i could have my stats transfered so it ain't spamming.
Sun 01/07/01 at 11:32
Ok then...
Sun 01/07/01 at 11:36
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Well, I've looked at RF loads of times and it just doesn't cut the butter for me. I might rent it and see what the fuss is about but I expect to be disappointed.
Sun 01/07/01 at 16:50
Regular
turbonutter wrote:
"but I expect to be disappointed."

Always expect to be disappointed... then the really good stuff is really really good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.