GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vote here if you hate New Metal!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/06/01 at 20:08
Regular
Bands like Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Kid Rock etc are rubbish.

All they do is Scream into Mic's and this sells records, what happened to Good Music, did it leave as soon as the 21st century came upon us?

Please help my cause to remove new metal from are radio stations!
Fri 06/07/01 at 00:28
Yes but the same things gets boring.

Here comes the bad analogy.

Say if you had baked beans, day in, day out, for a year. Sure at first, you loved baked beans, they were new, they were fun. After time this feeling fades, and in the end you would probably feel like shooting the man who ever conceived the idea of a baked bean.

Development is the way forward. Perhaps tomato sauce could excite you once again, or perhaps a side order of toast.

Move forward my friends.

Look towards groups and acts that show potential development, not groups (in my opinion) like the Stereophonics and the Manics, who aren't really going anywhere. They seem to be caught in a recycle of themselves.

I am not saying forget the past, because nothing is original anymore, just a re-incarnation of an idea someone else had time before. Use the past to improve the future.

So I beg of you, lets move forward and see what joys the future brings!!
Thu 05/07/01 at 23:06
And sure Classical may be nice, and powerful, but we can't
> stay there can we? Music needs development, we can't stay in the
> past.

I dont know why music cant stay in the past if we got it right the first time.
Classical is timeless and i think bands have rarely acheived this in the last 100 years, in the sense that people still like the beatles and people will allways like the music to Grease.....but these are very rare instances
Thu 05/07/01 at 11:18
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"My Generation......"

Uh Fred, you're a 30 year old head of Interscope records.

How alternative is that?
Thu 05/07/01 at 11:06
> why single Metal out?

Not metal, NU-METAL - because it's so damn monotonous. I dunno.. rock/metal hasn't been in the charts since a decade or two ago... then when it finally becomes acknowledged once more.. it just happens to be the most moronic strain available.. But since when has recognition ever meant anything? If you want to be daring and look for some music which is not spoonfed to you from your television (Music Television... bizarre concept... surely all this emphasis on videos over songs is symptomatic of the poor state that music is in..) there are so many easy ways to do it now. There was Napster, but that seems to be rapidly going downhill.. now there is audiogalaxy, which i actually prefer. Do yourselves a favour.. explore. Or wake up one morning when you have out-run puberty and discover that Fred Durst doesn't seem quite the icon he was.

Fred Durst = Vanilla Ice with a monkey on a down tuned 7 string in tow.
Thu 05/07/01 at 10:52
Limp Bizkit are no better than Steps. At least Steps put effort into their dance routines :) Nu Metal: It's all effortless, money driven music designed to feed of the frustrated teenager's angst and make him/her feel they are 'not alone', and that Limp Bizkit (or whoever) are their security against the nasty outside world. There is great music around today, (there always is) but it's generally made by bands who do not care too much about busting the charts wide open, and are making music because they want to, and are only bothered that they can afford to live off what they do (which is fair enough). Anyone who has audiogalaxy.. check out Firewater. Get a song called 'So Long Superman'. And get some Captain Beefheart while you're there.
Thu 05/07/01 at 09:56
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
There's good music everywhere REGARDLESS or not whether it
be Nu-Metal, Drum N' Bass, Hardcore, Indie, Dance etc.

Why single out one genre? Every genre has it's pluses and minuses, so why single Metal out?

./Steve
Thu 05/07/01 at 09:36
So what do you call good musis?
Thu 05/07/01 at 00:27
You can't live in the past mate.

Accept that styles change, and that the industry is built on money.

We call all try and be, yes it's all for the music. But it isn't is it. People cash in on trends to get lots of money.
I'm not saying I particularly like garage, or Nu Metal, because I don't, I'm simply suggesting who's who to say what is right. Not me anyway, but this is how I see music these days.

And sure Classical may be nice, and powerful, but we can't stay there can we? Music needs development, we can't stay in the past.

Look to the future.

And be excited. Very excited.
Wed 04/07/01 at 19:27
Regular
"The pope is my b!tc"
Tut Tut
Nu-Metal sucks
why?
Cos its pathetic.
Garage,pop and anything grunge is all crap.
It has no meaning its just cashing in on the fact that its popular because todays modern world sucks and thats what the music is all about and how it all sucks.
Grunge music is listened to bo social misfits who dont fit in (funny how grunge is about how society sucks).
Pop is just sounds to entertain the masses who cant be bothered to think about there music.
Garage and all that is for dumb ass rude boys who want as much base as possible in there music so when thay go bye in there fiesta it draws attention to them.
Also because there friends listen to it and rudeboys aint got an iq so dont know what music is.

Grunge music is funny cos when you watch the bands in there videos you relaise that theyre like little kids using swear words or naughty words to impress there other kid freinds.

So what is real music
Personally i think classical.
Because back then music was considered an art form adn some of mans greatest music was created.
Do you think in 500 years time youll have the timeless classics of limpbizkit slipknot and korn all for the unbelievable tv price of 5.99???
No ...i dont think so

ps im 18 and GOATBOY sux
Sun 01/07/01 at 13:53
It takes alot more than that to offend me.

Your telling me that my music is complete rubish, your music is good and then contradicting yourself by saying that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Yet you still refuse to accept that some people like metal. And you still keep up this argument even when I agreed that two of the three bands you mentioned are good. They call this a discussion forum for a reason, to discus. Not to insult, flame or anything else. People dont just want to hear one persons opinion, that want to hear input from a group of people. If you cant take constructive criticism, or accept other peoples opinions your not going to get very far in this life.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.