GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GBA GBH: Ow my hand!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/06/01 at 18:51
Regular
Sigh, when games machines are released the controller must be comfortable. I remember a very good post by jd99 about pads - with reference to the tiny pads of the Master System and NES consoles - how the pads have improved.

Peripheral comfort is a must if they want us to keep playing games.

Now, as much as I think the GBA is a fantastic little device, a review of it is somewhere around, I have had to stop playing because it's too darn uncomfortable to hold. Designed for the Japanse fingers it just doesn't help me. I am left with an aching left hand and lower arm and I can only type with one hand. So, no more than 30minutes a day on the world's latest released console, I shall have to console myself for now.

Just a warning - be careful, don't get Tony Hawk's 2 and expect not to become addicted to it. D'oh!

Ok, don't play too much now.
Sat 30/06/01 at 18:51
Sigh, when games machines are released the controller must be comfortable. I remember a very good post by jd99 about pads - with reference to the tiny pads of the Master System and NES consoles - how the pads have improved.

Peripheral comfort is a must if they want us to keep playing games.

Now, as much as I think the GBA is a fantastic little device, a review of it is somewhere around, I have had to stop playing because it's too darn uncomfortable to hold. Designed for the Japanse fingers it just doesn't help me. I am left with an aching left hand and lower arm and I can only type with one hand. So, no more than 30minutes a day on the world's latest released console, I shall have to console myself for now.

Just a warning - be careful, don't get Tony Hawk's 2 and expect not to become addicted to it. D'oh!

Ok, don't play too much now.
Sat 30/06/01 at 18:55
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Number of complaints about the GBA:

Number of praising posts:

Winner: GBA

Loser: Dan

Dan... according to our survey, you're a loser, loser!

:D

Game
Sat 30/06/01 at 18:59
I actually wrote a PURE NINTENDO MAGIC about it. I praise it. Just it hurts me.
Sat 30/06/01 at 19:11
Regular
I find it comfortable though... I expect it's to do with the shape of your hand...

(No, don't be silly, I expect it's to do with your social upbringing.)

Oh shut up.
Sat 30/06/01 at 19:35
Regular
The Game Boy systems, since the original Game Boy was said to be a 'brick', have been made smaller to fit in the average young persons pocket. This was good at first, however now the Game Boy is more horizontal than upright, it needs to be a little bit bigger.

As a huge Game Boy fan, I am addicted to my Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance. However I do find that the Game Boy Advance is a little bit too small for my hands.

I find controlling it a little bit awkward however the gameplay always makes me forget my hands are bing twisted into wierd positions...

I reckon it wont be long til I'm used to the new shape and size though. In my opinion, the size of the GBA and the position of the controls are it's only faults.
Sat 30/06/01 at 20:15
Regular
"Whatever!"
I find the GBA comfortable!! Even for my long boney fingers!!
Sat 30/06/01 at 20:18
Regular
""
The GBA is really but it would be even more comfortable if it did come after you had ordered it from Special reserve!
Sat 30/06/01 at 20:18
I am making a GBA tribute site.
Sat 30/06/01 at 20:22
Regular
"You've upset me"
What's the URL gonna be Sam?
Sat 30/06/01 at 20:24
www.geocities.com/gbarules

My sega one is www.geocities.com/t_wuk

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.