GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want to know more"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/06/01 at 16:52
Regular
I am writing to ask if anyone has any more news on the GC I might buy one.If you have,put it here.
Sat 30/06/01 at 16:52
I am writing to ask if anyone has any more news on the GC I might buy one.If you have,put it here.
Sat 30/06/01 at 17:04
Regular
"Whatever!"
All I know is that it will be released in Japan and America this year - The UK early next year!! They reckon it will be available for below £200 which is a total bargain!!
Not sure about the games released but some of the titles shown at E3 should be launch titles - for example Luigis Mansion, Wave Race and Smash Bros!!
Sat 30/06/01 at 17:15
Regular
"^_^"
The Game Cube is 128 bit, it was going to be called the dolphin and then the Star Cube but it has been officially branded the Gamecube. It has a carrying handle on it and I think it will revolutionise video gaming! The footage of Zelda looks excellent and Nintendo are saying that it is in game footage. It is cube shaped (obviously) and is 150mm(w) x 110mm(h) x 161mm(d). The front of the console has four controller ports and space for two memory card and the back has an Av out port and a digital Av output. underneath is the port for the modem.

Controllers
It has a D-pad and an analog stick with buttons A B C and Y. The C button which doubles up as an anolouge stick and will mainly be used to move the camera on all games. This is instead of the four c buttons on the N64. The controller also has in built rumble capabilities. Also you can ue the GBa for a controller making full use of the GBA's screen.

Games
The game cube takes Mini Dvds which measure 8cm in diameter and can hold 1.5gb of information. The games cut scenes can take and use the Gamecube Dvd capabilities.

When Nintendo first showed off this masterpiece it they gave a demo of 128 marios all doing a different thing. However they bost that that was only using 30% of its 450mhz processor.

Is that enough info for you?
Sat 30/06/01 at 17:17
Regular
"^_^"
Also there is a rumour games will cost £20 and the console will cost £100
Sat 30/06/01 at 17:30
That is quite a lot of info Parr,but nothing really I couldn`t have found on the Special Reserve preview.
Sat 30/06/01 at 17:46
The games would definitely cost above £30, and the console £150+.
Sun 01/07/01 at 09:05
DeltaJava wrote:
> The games would definitely cost above £30, and the console
> £150+.
I thought Parr`s rumour prices were a bit high.
Sun 01/07/01 at 13:07
Regular
"^_^"
America will see the release of the Game Cube on November 5th 2001 and it will cost $199 (about £133) and games $49.90 (about £33).
Sun 01/07/01 at 13:16
You can import one from Gamingedge.com or NCSX.com
Sun 01/07/01 at 15:03
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
why not just go to games sites where they will have reviews etc:

www.i gn.com

www.co mputerandvideogames.com

REMOVE THE [SPACE]S FROM THE ABOVE ADDRESSES

Then for even more info try using links from those pages, and going to nintendo's site (nintendo.com/nintendo.co.uk or something)

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.