GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting GBA...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/07/04 at 21:38
"period drama"
Oh yes, indeed. Another topic like this.
Although none of that "mnarrrgh! what games me get?!" shiznit.

2/3 questions:

* GBAs cost about the same where-ever you look, right? Any good deals around at the mo?

* Which Mario (proper, platforming Mario) is the best + what's the best RPG (besides LttP, if you'd call it one)

Cheers.
Oh, and NES SP - hot or not? I dunno.
When's it out anywayz.
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:38
"period drama"
Oh yes, indeed. Another topic like this.
Although none of that "mnarrrgh! what games me get?!" shiznit.

2/3 questions:

* GBAs cost about the same where-ever you look, right? Any good deals around at the mo?

* Which Mario (proper, platforming Mario) is the best + what's the best RPG (besides LttP, if you'd call it one)

Cheers.
Oh, and NES SP - hot or not? I dunno.
When's it out anywayz.
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:41
Regular
NES SP was out last Friday an I'm getting it tomorrow :D (from a shop that sells toys, NES SP + NES Zelda £89.99)

and I don't know which Mario is the best but don't get the first Mario Advance, the others are much better.
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:49
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Ah, Mr. FFF joins me in a quest for an SP. If I decide to get an SP I see myself either ordering from here or going for eBay. As for games, again, its here or I'm importing one or two from the states that aren't due out here for a while (Advance Tour, and Mario & Donkey Kong).

As for RPG's, Golden Sun is a top RPG title, as is Superstar Saga, I hear. I think Yoshi's Island is the best GBA Mario game, but that is just my personal opinion.

The only other must, must, must have titles are Wario Ware, and Advance Wars 2.
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:53
"period drama"
The games I'll get very very first are probably Advance Wars 2, Superstar Saga and a Mario. Then Wario Ware, LttP and Golden Sun.
They should keep me busy on holiday.

What do you think of the NES SP?
I think I'll have to ask to see it properly first.

But I'll probably end up getting a silver one, because I'm dull like that.
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:56
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I'd advise getting a black one over a silver one, unless you really care about the colour and are prepared to look after it really well. The silver one tends to noticeably scratch a lot more than the black or indeed purple versions of the console. For myself, I'm thinking the NES SP at the moment.

Oh, and I've played the first three Mario's and Yoshi's Island is indeed the bestestest out of them. Though there is a new one I believe...
Sun 11/07/04 at 21:59
"period drama"
I'll get the Yosh then, cheers.

And I'll need a headphones thingy as well, won't I.
How much are they? And who's the idiot who forgot to make the SP properly?
Sun 11/07/04 at 22:04
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> And I'll need a headphones thingy as well, won't I.
> How much are they? And who's the idiot who forgot to make the SP
> properly?

Just under a tenner I think, or something. There was one bundle where I saw the headphones came free.

I think SR are doing a pair in the free gifts section if you update your membership or have reddies to spare. Not sure.

(Add me to MSN if you likes, [email protected])
Sun 11/07/04 at 22:07
"period drama"
Ooh, well, i've got about 30 reddies around here somewhere.
Time to put them to some use.

As for MSN - I would, except it's evil.
Nothing personal, but a inexplicable hate for MSN and it's terrible intelligence-sucking, brain-washing, world-dominating Microsoft mega-plan requires me never to touch it.

[S]ahem.
Sun 11/07/04 at 22:14
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Worry not.
Sun 11/07/04 at 22:57
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> I'll get the Yosh then, cheers.
>
> And I'll need a headphones thingy as well, won't I.
> How much are they? And who's the idiot who forgot to make the SP
> properly?

Look at this [URL]http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG2110_logic_3_5_piece_st.html[/URL] for a rather nifty deal....and you get £4 off a game as well due to SR screwing up :D

Was going to buy ghouls and ghosts 12.99 second hand in gamestation, this way I have it, the accessories, and an NES classic, for just under £19!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.