GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Need some good advice"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/07/04 at 12:39
Regular
I own a Gamecube and a GBA. Do you know why? That's right Nintendo.

And so it pi$$es me off when I'm being guilted into playing Beyond Good and Evil, Metal Gear Solid and Crystal Chronicles.

It's not that I don't want to. It's just Nintendo have a far greater appeal to me.

This is why I've been playing Mario Golf lately.

This is also why, in our summer of need, the legions of Ninty's have turned to Nintendo's much improved GBA.

It's pathetic to think how we criticised what is fastly becoming the greatest system in the generarion. If you collate the sales of the GBA and the SP... this is the biggest selling system in the world.

Yes Nintendo are crap in the home console market. But come on ladies and gentlemen, they make wonderful software and truly know how to run the handheld race.

But now I need your help. I'm currently cleaning up the world of Pokemon Sapphire. Why I took so long to buy the game is beyond me. Because it certainly does rule. But what's next?

I know I've pestered you all like this before, it's just there are loads of GBA games I let slip and really wish to play through. I'm tempted, very tempted, to get a few "NES CLASSICS" but with Mario and Luigi, Donkey Kong Country 2 and Banjo Kazooie: Gruntilda's Revenge still out there... I wonder whether I'm jumping the gun.

Recommendations?
Mon 12/07/04 at 22:24
Regular
BK's like £20 now... so might have to snap it up.
Mon 12/07/04 at 22:23
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:

> And just to wind you up I'll point out that as of March, the GBA and
> GBA SP together had sold 51.4 million units - considerably less than
> the PS2s 70 million.

... world wide yes?????

That's to be expected.

Also the GBA came out 6 months after the PS2.
Mon 12/07/04 at 20:31
Regular
That reminds me, F-Zero GP Legend for 12.99... may have to get it. And yes, Banjo is great fun, I was surprised how well it had been translated to an isometric viewpoint, but it seems to work perfectly.
Mon 12/07/04 at 18:27
"I love yo... lamp."
I liked Banjo Kazooie: Gruntilda's Revenge, but then I always was a big Rare fan. Got F Zero? That's like, necessary.

And just to wind you up I'll point out that as of March, the GBA and GBA SP together had sold 51.4 million units - considerably less than the PS2s 70 million.
Mon 12/07/04 at 17:41
Regular
": ("
Microchips wrote:
> It's out?
>
> Yus!
>
> Guess where I happen to be going on August 5th? :D

I'm going 'somewhere' during the holidays, it'll most probably be America.

You can get Mario VS Donkey Kong from Ebay now.

The one thing that I really like about the GBA SP is that you can play american games on it without having to use some kinda Freeloader software.
Mon 12/07/04 at 17:01
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> The company went under like a year ago.

I wondered that, I haven't heard anything since Shadow of the Sun was announced shortly after the first company went bust.

Great shame.
Mon 12/07/04 at 16:56
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Ah, the good old U S of A, I have been there many a time*, sadly this year I will not be.

* = "many a time" may actually mean "twice".
Mon 12/07/04 at 16:52
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
It's out?

Yus!

Guess where I happen to be going on August 5th? :D
Mon 12/07/04 at 16:47
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Microchips wrote:
> I'm also looking forward to Mario and Donkey Kong, looks really good.
> When is the US release?

Its out, dude, and I want it as much as you.
Mon 12/07/04 at 16:43
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I own Paper Mario.

I also own Mario and Luigi: Superstar saga.

Both games are very, very good... and M+L is not too dissimilar to Paper Mario. I'd definitely reccomend both of them to anyone.

I'm also looking forward to Mario and Donkey Kong, looks really good. When is the US release?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.